Chapter 1

A/N: This idea was in my head for the longest time and I had to do it.

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and Twilight does not belong to me.

This story takes place in Twilight universe right before Bella and Edward's wedding. Harry is around 200 years old. Him and Severus stuck together through the years and the relationship has become more of a father/son type. This story is most likely only going to be 4 or less chapters.
Enjoy!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Harry sighed and pinched the bridge his nose, a habit he got from Severus. Severus was supposed to meet him in the upper part of the mansion an hour ago, but the man apparently lost track of time while brewing. Again. You'd think that after 200 years, he'd learn to keep track of time. Harry walked down to Severus' potions room with a fond smile. He knocked on the door twice and stepped back. 1,2,3,4,5. The door opened and Severus walked out.

Harry raised a brow. "Are you ready?" Harry could tell Severus was a little embarrassed and smiled inwardly. It was not often the vampire was embarrassed and he was enjoying it.

Severus sneered. "Yes I am. I was just finishing packing up my potions. Where did you choose this time?"

Ever since they both left after the battle, they took turns choosing a place to go to after 30 years have passed. They usually resided in the wizarding world, but Harry thought they both needed a change."A town called Forks. Apparently its always raining with little to no sun. No doubt we'll run into other vampires there."

Severus hummed. "Yes. They won't be able to hide it like we do." He backed up into his potions room and gathered the rest of his stuff.

"Everything is already in our new home and it's really beautiful. It's not overly large like most of the Potter of the estates. It's pretty secluded so we dont have to worry about using magic in front of muggles,. It's pretty much in the middle of the woods and it's a log cabin." Harry explained. When Severus went to open his mouth Harry expained further, "Don't worry there is a potions lab in the basement and I already started to set it up for you."

(This is the log cabin I had in mind)

Severus nodded curtly. He went to to say something, but seemed to think twice about it. "What?" Harry asked curiously.

"Do you think we'll find our mates in this century?"

Harry froze. He hadn't thought about that. To be honest, he hadn't given his mate a thought of thought. Him and Severus have been waiting two centuries and it hasn't seemed to happen. "I'm not sure. Once we arrive at our new home, we might be able to sense something."

"I already do," Severus confessed. When Harry looked at him he went to explain, "I just have this feeling that we'll meet our mates."

Harry nodded. He tried not to let the excitement get to him. He wants someone to share his immortal life with. He was ready to give his mate all the love he could offer and he intended to do just that. "Let's go get settled in. We still need to look around the town."

Both of them grabbed the portkey. In an instant they were in there new home, not knowing what will in just a few short months.

................................................................................................................
At the Cullen's House

Jasper was standing near the back of the house when Alice had her vision. When she came back into reality, he felt something in his chest lift. It was like having a heavy weight lifting off of his heart. What's going on? Why can't I feel Alice? Jasper was freaking out. Alice was his mate and yet he couldn't feel anything. He felt mildly guilty that he was relieved. He didn't notice how unnatural the mate bond was between them now.

Jasper looked at Alice. "How did our bond break?"

Alice smiled slightly. "Our souls are no longer compatible." Jasper felt she was hesitant to say anything else, but nodded at her to keep going. "Jasper, this man that is your mate, he is going to need you. In just a few hours he will be rejected by his phantom mate."

Jasper frowned. "Phantom mate?"

"That's what we were. The phantom mate bond forms when you have been alone for years and your vampire is ready to mate. It's just like a mate bond that you wouldn't know the difference until your real mate was near," Alice explained. She was excited to meet her real mate. She loves Jasper, but she wasn't in love with him. Not anymore.

"When will I meet him?" Jasper demanded. He didn't care that he didn't know who his mate was or what he looked like. His soul was calling out for him to find his mate. For the one that he will be happy with.

It's so sad Jas. His phantom mate rejects him, then invites him to the wedding," Alice cried. If she could cry, her eyes would be leaking tears. She can remember the pain in her chest when Edward rejected the man. All he wanted was someone to love and he rejected him. It didn't even matter that Edward wasn't his real mate, the man thought he was.

Feeling the agony from Alice, Jasper's eyes widened. "Edward?" he asked.

Alice nodded her head. Jasper growled. He didn't want Edward going near his mate and causing him pain. "Where is he?"

She hesitated. She didn't want anything bad to happen, but good might come out of Jasper finding the man before Edward does. With that in mind she said, "In exactly one hour, your mate will be at the small diner in town. He met Edward there."

Jasper immediately went to walk out, but stopped when Alice called his name. "Don't do anything rash. The man seems skittish and not very trusting."

"Don't worry Alice. I won't let anything to my mate or myself." With that said, he left to the diner. He only hoped he got there before Edward. He didn't want his mate to reject him for someone who wasn't really his mate.
..........................................................
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I wanted this chapter to be dedicated to the background of the story so that it will make sense. If it doesn't let me know.