Chapter 1: However scary

You start to follow Hotch outside his office, barely containing the smile on your face. You couldn't help it, the job you've been dreaming about for a decade was yours now. As you left the office, you couldn't help but notice the short Italian man exiting his.

"Rossi?" You smiled. The man in question turned and grinned upon seeing you.

"Bella!" He opened his arms to hug you which you automatically accepted.

"I thought you retired, old man."

Rossi scoffed. "You know me, can't stay away for long." Hotch stepped up, joining you guys. "So am I correct in assuming you've taken the job?" Rossi asks.

"You would be correct." You smile. "And now, since I have a big girl job and can take care of myself. I'm hoping those mysterious money drops into my bank account will stop." You gave him a knowing look. Though you and Rossi were not as close as you and Hotch, you still revered him as a father figure as much as he did you as a daughter.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He says holding up his hands.

"Sure you don't, old man." You laughed. "How's... Krystal?" You say trying to remember which wife Rossi was on now.

"Divorced." Rossi smirks.

"Aw, I'm sorry, Dave. I thought 3 would be the lucky number."

"So did I." Rossi smiled. "How's Persephone?" David smiles widely at the mention of your adoptive mother's name.

"Still not interested in becoming number 4." You laughed, inducing a boisterous laugh from Dave and a small chuckle from Hotch. "She's currently backpacking through India and building eco houses along the way."

"Sounds like Persephone." David smiles. You guys continue to catch up for a couple of more minutes not noticing the team staring up at you from the bullpen.

"Do you guys know who she is?" Emily asks

"No but Rossi and Hotch know her by the looks of it." Derek replies.

"I met her in the elevator." Spencer speaks up. "Her name's Y/N."

"Wonder what she's doing here." Derek says as Penelope walks up with a tin of her famous cookies that Spencer is already reaching for she pulls back so it's out of reach from his perch on his desk.

"Well, if she took the job then that is your newest team member." Penelope smiled. "Hotch asked me to do a background check last week so I assume he's hiring her. Which means these cookies are for her." She says pulling even more back as Spencer continues to make grabby hands at the tin.

"Why does she get cookies her first day? I didn't get any on my first day." Spencer points out, not caring how much he sounds like a child.

"I'm not really allowed to talk about it, but let's just say I think she could really use the kindness."

"What did you find out about her, Baby girl?" Derek asked.

Penelope frowns slightly, she never liked keeping secrets, especially from the team. "I'm really not allowed to say, but what I can tell you is that she's smart, like really smart. Maybe not Reid's level but smart enough to make dean's list at an Ivy League every year."

"Which school?" Spencer asks.

"Stanford."

Spencer nods. That would make her pretty smart, that or just good at school. As he's exiting his thoughts, JJ walks past them, throwing a "We have a case." Over her shoulder before heading to Rossi, Hotch and the new girl.