OS : Proposing the Protégé

8.2.2021

Falling in love was never in his priority list. Falling in love with his protégée was out of question for him. Falling in love with his best friend's sister not even for once had crossed his mind. But today everything that sounded impossible to Rajveer is the fact of his life! And how hard might he try, he just cannot deny it.

That ring Huda had been carrying with him since last week, which he brings out every now and then from the right pocket of his trousers, has become the matter of concern for Rajveer. If in the current situation his rate of heartbeat gets compared when he discovers Huda with the ring to his discovering Naina in front of his eyes, his rate of heartbeat in Naina's presence would be nothing to his rate of heartbeat in the presence of Huda in front of his eyes. The constant fear of Huda's proposing to Naina any moment grabs Rajveer and succeeds in drying his throat out of fear.

Rajveer paces to and fro in his room, shaking his head, closing his eyes.

"Main ye nahi kar sakta!",

he tries to make himself understand his situation.

Sighing, his tone changes when he utters,

"Magar agar maine nahi kiya to wo kar dega!"

His heart thumps inside his chest.

"Itni bechaini kyun ho rahi hai mujhe?",

murmurs Rajveer, walking to and fro.

"Magar uske kar dene se kya hota hai? Konsa wo maan jayegi!",

a smile of relief comes on his face.

But soon enough it vanishes as he realises that he is acting like a teenage lover.

"Ye... ye main nahi hoon! Ye mujhe... ye mujhe kya ho raha hai?",

Rajveer closes his eyes and shakes his head to clear his mind.

He keeps his eyes closed for further few moments, calming himself down and in no time in front his eyes floats the image of Naina which succeeds in calming him down further and bringing a smile on his face.

"Naina!",

he utters his name, as if worshipping her; chanting her name.

Opening his eyes slowly, he stares himself into the mirror, smiling calmly.

(Rajveer-Naina flute tune begins)

And as if Naina could hear her Rajveer Sir's call, Naina pushes the door of his room taking him by surprise. He turns to look towards her immediately, surprised. Did she hear him? Their rate of heartbeat race against each other. Naina slowly walks into the room staring him throughout.

"Tum yahan? Iss waqt?",

asks Rajveer, calmly, staring Naina throughout, his cheeks turned warm since the moment he sets his eyes on her.

Naina nods her head in affirmative, slowly, never ending their precious eye contact but doesn't say anything.

Inside, Rajveer fights with his desire to ask her directly. He no longer is able to keep it to himself. He can see her going out of his reach. And for the second time in his life is he scared of losing someone and interestingly this second person is related to the first person he had dreaded to lose once and had lost finally!

"Zaroor aaj bhi aapke paas koi sawaal hoga puchne ke liye. So shoot!",

smirks Rajveer, giving her the first opportunity to speak because deep down he knows that once he would start speaking she would be left speechless!

Rajveer-Naina Few Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें