Meeting New Creatures- Part 2

Newt led Tina through the long hallways of Hogwarts, it felt like a millennia before they reached the doorway that leads to the cool, crisp air of October.  Some of the leaves were already turning colors and falling slowly to the ground, like a delicate rose, dancing in the wind.  Outside, the sky was cloudless, the wind lightly flowing through the air, like a hot summer's breeze.  Newt hurriedly led them to another part of the castle, where he found a door in a darkened hallway.  He looked around before turning back to the door.

Newt swiftly opened the door.  The wooden door creaked open, the hinges emitting a sound so loud, it's as if the trees outside shook in fear.  Newt looked back at her as if to make sure she was there, his gaze bore into hers, she couldn't help the slight flush that overtook her face.  Newt turned away, his ears a pale pink, and continued walking up the spiraling staircase, his warm calloused hand still holding hers.    When they reached the landing, Tina gasped at the sight before her eyes.

There were about a dozen tanks that were filled with magical creatures, all swimming or sleeping peacefully.  Newt leads her over to a tree that is standing in a small space of sunlight.  Newt walked up to the tree, where a small green and blue pod rested upon a tiny branch. Newt slowly took the pod from the branch so that it dangled upon his pointer finger.  He softly tickled the pod, and Tina swears she saw it shiver.  He turned and held out his hand to her, beckoning her to see the magnificent creature.   Taking his hand, Tina walks to the pod reaching out her finger, running it gently along the seam of the pod, the pod shook and a crack appeared.  

A small blue head with fangs for a mouth peeked out of the shell.  The creature's small, pink, forked tongue flicked out and licked Tina's finger.  The sensation tickled and the girl couldn't help but laugh.  Newt laughed too.  It was thrilling to see someone other than himself take fascination with his beasts.  Suddenly the door to the secluded room creaked open, letting in a gust of wind that blew Tina and Newt's hair.  The door closed and the sound of pounding feet coming up the stairs grew louder and louder...

Tina and Newt looked at each other in horror.  They couldn't afford to be caught, they simply couldn't allow the creatures to be caught either.  Then, the steps came to a stop.  Newt and Tina turned and saw the figure of...

Hope you all liked this chapter.  I also hope all of you are having a great Valentine's day whether you are single or not!  Please vote and stay awesome!

Lyra