Self

The door opens slowly, as Will brought some of his stuff to his new apartment. He wanted to live closer to his job and he finally did. It had only some stuff like a bed, shower, closet, etc. But it was perfect for him. He set his belongings and headed out to eat. He left his room and locked the door. While walking to the elevator, he spotted and old lady talking to herself as she gets in her room. He didn't mind it but he was curious as to who was she talking to.

After eating out, he brushed and spotted something was wrong in the mirror. His shampoo bottle was in the tub in the reflection but he knew it was way back in the bag. He looks back and to the mirror again to check. The shampoo bottle was still there. He was weirded out and quickly finished brushing and slept.

5 days later.

Will cam from work and he is always shocked as he sees letter addressed to him but it came from him. Most of the letters were blank. Calls from his number also bugged him. He decided to ignore these as they might be pranks from someone. He finished his dinner and other stuff, so he headed to brush and wash his face. While brushing his reflection suddenly smiled. He washed his face in response and everything was normal. He sighed in relief, but he felt like he was going insane.

He then noticed that there were cracks in his mirror. He looked at it and realized that was growing. It was then he heard shattering and hands around his neck, choking him. He looks at the mirror and there he sees himself laughing as he was trying to kill him. The reflection let go in one of his hands and picked up a shard from the broken mirror. He gripped the shard and stabbed Will's right eye, a horrifying sound of squelching from soft tissues. Will pushed away and he tried to run but he stumbled to his bag.

The pain in his eye was overwhelming. He tried getting up but he felt a sharp object tearing his calves. He tried screaming but his voice never let anything out. His calves were cut by his reflection and went in front of him. The reflection grabbed his hair quite violently, making him look up to face him. The reflection proceeded to get close to Will's ear, and whispered "Lend me your life."

He proceeded to stab Will's neck multiple times, splattering blood everywhere in the apartment. He laughed in this gory sight. Will choked on blood and felt pain of multiple stab wounds in his neck. He couldn't breathe and suffocated later. The reflection placed Will's body behind the mirror and cleaned the mess. He lived Will's life without anyone noticing.

The old lady noticed him and inhumanly smiled at him. He smiled back at the same way in response.

Self - Short story: End