Chapter V - The Flame Queen isn't dead yet

Start from the beginning

"We need to get her back to normal." Merlene said and River nodded.

"You said she was delirious and too weak to say anything." Merlene nodded.

River stroked his chin as he walked towards the room where Seraphina was and found her lying on the bed with her eyes closed. He frowned as he walked closer and waved his hand over her.

"No, wizard aura." He noted and then turned to Merlene, "If her powers are sealed then we could at least bring some energy to her body. We can't keep her lying around like this." River said.

"How am I supposed to make her get up? She barely speaks or eats." 

"I have a medicine for it It's found in the South, the elves make it. I'll go and get it. It'll definitely bring strength to her body, I can't say about magic." River said and Merlene sighed.

"Anything works." 

"Fine then, I'll leave right now. I'll be back till tomorrow evening, take care till then." He said.

"Alright." Merlene said looking once at Seraphina.

"Fine then, I'll get going." He said and jumped out of the window.

Merlene looked at Seraphina who opened her eyes and turned to look at her, Merlene took a seat beside her.

"Sera? How are you feeling now?" 

She blinked, "Dead." Came the same reply which irked Merlene. The Seraphina who was always full of life now was saying she felt dead!

"Everything will be alright, okay? I'll fix everything. You won't have to marry any jackass, I'll get you out of this mess." Merlene said and Seraphina dryly chuckled.

"He's... already... decided." Seraphina said and Merlene frowned.

"Even if Master has decided yet, I won't let it happen. I won't let that Oracle Hearts Master marry you." Merlene promised.

After dinner Merlene fell asleep on the chair while Seraphina lied awake watching the ceiling thinking of her life. She had had a lot of fun moments in her life with her guild members, her father was always there to laugh with them then how did the situation change now? 

Seraphina turned and her eyes fell on the scroll which lied on the floor, she looked at Merlene who was quite deeply asleep and slowly rose her body from the bed and nearly fell off but caught herself right in time and checked if she'd woken Merlene. Merlene seemed quite out so Seraphina slowly took small steps towards the scroll. She had overheard the conversation between Merlene and River in the evening and had heard that her father would send her off forever. Seraphina stopped as she reached near the scroll and crouched down to pick it up, it was dark so she walked over to the window to read it. The Guild Master of Oracle Hearts had agreed to marry Seraphina and he didn't want the guild, he just wanted them to comply to his three conditions. The conditions brought tears to Seraphina's eyes, she couldn't use magic, what an irony! She couldn't even see her guild members and her father after marriage.

Her tears glistened in the silver light of moon as along with her mother's last legacy she had lost everything.

The next day, River came back with a potion and gave it to Seraphina to drink.

"What good will it do?" She asked.

"It'll give you energy and you would be able to move around and even fight." River said and Seraphina gave him a blank look.

"Sera drink it." Merlene said and Seraphina turned away.

"What good does fighting bring me? The last time I did it my flames were snatched away."