09. late night shenanigans

Comenzar desde el principio

    He shrugs, "I have enough friends, don't need more."

    "Ah yes, Harrison, Penny, Milo and Julia," The girl taps her head once, "How could I forget about them. Silly me. "

    "Do I even want to know what you're talking about?" He questions boringly.

    "Yes — one of the best movies to exist." He walks past her to grab the tapes, rolling his eyes at the comment, "I mean if we're working together and being all mischievous, we should get to know each other.—"

    "Pass. "

    "— I've never seen you with anyone besides Luke." She presses further ignoring his dismissal.

    "Jeez, it really is your way or no way." He mumbles and gives her one of the yellow tapes.

    She smiles jokingly and steps aside, "See, you're already learning so much about me."

    He scoffs, decorating the outside of Doose's market with the yellow crime scene tape, not even trying to carry on their conversation. Well, Everleigh was pushing her luck and knew it wouldn't go the way she wanted it. So the easiest option was to drop it and she did.

    Until a moment passed and the guy sighs heavily, "I'm not staying here long-term wise, so there's no point in making friends. As soon as I graduate, I'm gone."

    The girl was kneeling down, making the chalk outline more neater as the guy spoke. She glances up at him, surprised by his honesty but doesn't take it for granted, "That's still like almost two years. A lot can happen in two years."

    "Not to me." He shrugs nonchalantly.

     That made her shoulders fall, pursing lips together with furrowed brows, thinking. A second later, she confesses, "A year ago I thought I would still be in Chicago living my life, continuing a perfect relationship and having best friends for life. Now, I'm here with what it's starting to feel like a broken relationship and no longer having friends that I consider my best friends. So trust me, a lot can happen even in a year."

     That perks his attention and he gazes over to the girl, "You're not from here?"

    "Nope," She chuckles dryly, "I moved here from Chicago a month or so before you did. I just so happen to bring my problems here with me. You on the other hand are given the opportunity to start fresh."

    "Huh, you're right. Your life sucks more than mine does." He says, the tone more teasing than serious.

    "Ha-ha," She squints her eyes, throwing the chalk stick at him.

    He manages to dodge the chalk and laughs lightly. He raises his hands up, "Hey, man you're the one that said it not me. I just agreed."

    She stands up, crossing arms, trying to hide a smile creeping up on her face, "You know what? I liked you better when you didn't speak."

    "You're the one that made most of the talking, not me."

    "Oh, my God."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

     The next morning, she felt as if she hadn't slept at all, her eyes feeling heavy as ever. To be quite honest, she was ready for the day to be over already, so she can go back to bed and catch up with her sleep. However, the day just started and she had to survive it all.

    It also didn't help when her dad woke her up to let her know, Blaze was waiting for her downstairs. She had no choice but to get up and start the day and that would also explain why the girl was holding onto Blaze's arm like it was a comfort pillow, supporting her.