09. late night shenanigans

Start from the beginning

    She should be asleep. She knew that. It was half eleven at night and she should be sound asleep but she wasn't. The girl only had late night coffee to blame. So instead of staying in bed, she went on a stroll around Stars Hollow because apparently that's exactly what you do at night.

    Not one single person was seen outside as she took a walk. Just her and peace and silence. That of course was until she noticed a figure moving around near Doose's. Her eyebrows crease together as she slowly approaches the person kneeling down and back up. His back still facing her but she could recognize his features instantly.

    "Need a hand?" She asks.

    He wasn't startled the slightest as he kneels back down with a white chalk stick in his hand, "Nope."

    "I can help." She analyses their surroundings, only to see a small bucket of chalk sticks and a yellow tape. She furrows her brow, "Whatever it is you're doing."

    "I still don't need your help."

    "I can't go home just yet."

    He stands back up observing the pavement, not even glancing in her direction, "That's not my problem."

    "I was supposed to stay at Blaze's house tonight but we got in a fight and my dad's not asleep yet," The lies roll off her tongue effortlessly, "I so do not want to explain all of it to my dad."

    "Here's a tip—," He finally looks at her, "I'm no Leo Martin so if you got problems, go to him not me."

    "Fine, I'll go." She pouts and looks down as she turns around. Everleigh slowly starts walking away, waiting for the call back and seconds later he does.

    "Wait...—" Jess stops her movements, hiding her smile as she turns to him. He looks away as he drags out the offer with hesitation, "I could use an extra pair of hands."

    "Cool. — What do you want me to do?" She walks back, standing next to him.

    "Lay down."

    "Uhh..." She crunches up her nose, "I got a boyfriend."

     He rolls his eyes, "Don't make it weird."

    She raises hands up in defense, "Hey, you're the one making me lay down under the moonlight with no one around. Just two teenagers together. To me that —"

     "Morgan." He interrupts her unnecessarily teasing, "You want to help or what?"

    "Okay, okay," She mumbles laying down under his command, "Someone's cranky."

    With a heavy sigh the boy explains the plan he had in mind to the girl who was all too intrigued. Not making a comment or teasing him, just simply listening and nodding along. Faking a crime scene just seemed a genius idea and the girl was surprised she didn't think about that sort of prank before. The look on Taylor's face would be worth millions.

    After Jess outlined her body with a chalk strip, he extends his hand out for her to take and she raises a brow. Everleigh glances at his hand and then back at him. He gives her a deadpan look and the girl finally accepts it with a roll of her eye, "You really should work on your people skills. No offence but you suck." She jumps up with the help of Jess and looks down at the outline of what's supposed to be a faux body. She tilts her head, "I really was expecting something much better than this."

     "No please, explain how you really feel. Don't hold back." He comments sarcastically and the girl immediately regrets the choice of words.

     "Sorry," She apologizes and brushes down her hands against the jeans, trying to change the subject as she glances at him, "I don't mean to pry but how come you're always alone. You've been here almost two months."