⁰⁶ ❘❘ ⁿᵉʷ ᵍⁱʳˡ ༉·₊˚✧

Start from the beginning

"Muchacho, who is this little hija with you?" An attractive reddish-brown haired man with a brown skin that's probably in his mid 20s, emerges from the door labeled with 'staff only' yellow sticker behind the register.

"She's the new employee, Rendón-san." Akaashi simply answers before he politely excuse himself and disappear somewhere behind the shelves.

"Ah, you must be L/N Y/N! I already went over your resume. You're a punctual one, aren't you, muchacha?" He spoke in a thick accent with a grin.

Him, calling you punctual, really does confuse you since you were told that your shift starts in 5:10 pm, and it's literally 5:15 now.

"Sir... I'm late." You awkwardly punctuates, making sure that he's been keeping the right track of time.

He wave a dismissive hand. "I know, and don't sweat it, hija. I know how hectic it is in escuela, especially when I have someone that I am closed with who complains about it everyday, so I understand if any of my student employee is a few minutes behind." He then eyes you seriously. "Just... don't slack off in work hours, comprender? (understand?)"

"Y-yes, sir. I promise." You smile and nod, inwardly thankful that you were blessed with a very understanding superior instead of someone that's annoyingly cranky. It's not that like everyday you'll get a chance to have a lighthearted, and laidback one like him.

"Now, that's more I like it!" He laughs lightly. His enthusiasm were extraordinary and it sort of helps you to loosen up to the point that you're completely at ease the whole time he's telling you about your job, which consists of keeping tabs of the inventory, restocking the shelves, cleaning around, and closing up the shop by 8. He also explains that video games and books are located up in the second story of the store.

While you learn that was all you have to busy yourself with throughout your shift, you also discover that Akaashi is the cashier. The one in charge of the register and assisting the customer's needs.

To be frank, you have zero complaints about your job role. You're paid with a good amount, and you don't have to deal with customers. It's such a win-win situation.

"So, that's pretty much everything and一 ah, I almost forgot! Please just call me tío Reji. I really prefer that better, but little muchacho Akaashi don't wanna, and keep making me feel old by calling me Rendón-san." Reji sighs as he hand you an apron, identical to the one that Akaashi is wearing.

Chuckling at his discontent, you two chat for a bit before he finally bid you goodbye, saying that he have a couple more important things to tend at home. Before he went off, Reji passes you the spare keys of the shop and give you a quick 'bye' wave. Leaving the shop in your and Akaashi's care.

"Did Rendón-san already went home?"

You turn around to face the curly haired boy walking over with graceful steps. In his hands, he hold two in-canned iced coffee. "Yeah, he just left seconds ago."

Akaashi softly hums in response as he walk round the register to scan the barcode of the products with the reader. You tear your gaze away from him and slip on your new apron. It's been a little struggle when you tied the straps behind you into a knot, but you still managed to do it alone.

"He's too energetic and easygoing. That's rare for someone in his age." You murmur through the soft yawn that escapes from your lips as you rub you teary eyes with your knuckles.

"Rendón-san has been always like that. You will eventually get used to it." Akaashi told you as he left the register and approach your slumped form from exhaustion that today's events brought you. He extends one of the coffee towards you. "Here."

You look down at his generous offer in your front and glance up back again into his slate blue orbs. "Oh... d-did you pay for it?" A small frown crawl onto your features when he nod, feeling guilty that he have to spend a money from his pocket. "You... shouldn't have. Really."

"Just please consider this as a welcoming gift from me." He lightly shake his extended hand, motioning and waiting for you to take it. "Besides, you look quiet tired. I think you'll need this to make it through your shift."

Breathing out, you shot him a grateful look and a soft smile, appreciating the generosity he is offering. "If you do insist... thank you, Akaashi."

"You are welcome, L/N-san." He simply replies, smiling back as you were hit with his respectful personality, just like what Reji had told you. He turn his back on you and went towards the register as a customer enters.

Glancing down on your drink, you pop off the pin and take a huge gulp, savoring the taste of the milky caffeine inside your mouth as you head towards the supply closet to grab the cleaning supplies.

Maybe it's safe to say that you've got some one hell of a good luck for getting this job, and getting a chance to work with these kind of people.