𝘾𝙝 3: 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨; 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

Start from the beginning

"If you hadn't stopped me from killing those brats back then. " Hua Cheng said which made Xie Lian laugh.

They for sure were trying hard to hide the pain in their hearts so that the other won't be sad and worried. They knew that the smile on their face was fake but they still smiled anyway because they didn't want to showcase their pain and fears.

Their hearts cried, but their lips smiled.

"San Lang, I need to go to the human realm. " Xie Lian said in a low tone.

"What is it about? " Hua Cheng asked.

"I don't know either. It isn't like we would know what kind of calamity we'll be facing. So, I'll have to wait and see. " Xie Lian said.

"I'll come with you. We can stay in the Puqi village. " Hua Cheng said looking into Xie Lian's eyes.

Xie Lian smiled while shaking his head slowly.
"You can't do that, San Lang... As you know, you can't help someone with the calamity. One should face and win their own battles. "

"Let me just stay by your side. I can do that at least right? " Hua Cheng asked.

"You're always in my heart, San Lang. " Xie Lian chuckled.

"Gege, I'm being serious! Let me just stay by your side. Together, we can face the whole world. "
Hua Cheng said.

'We for sure can. Even I do want to stay by your side forever, San Lang. But, please forgive me this time. I don't know for what, but I don't feel right. I've a bad feeling about this and I don't want to involve you. All I wish for is your safety and happiness. No matter how hard the battle is, I'll fight with all my might, I'll fight till my last breath and will come back to you. Please wait for me until then... '

"Why aren't you saying anything, gege? " Hua Cheng asked.

"San Lang, you trust me, don't you? "
Xie Lian asked.

"Is that a question? " Hua Cheng asked in a stern voice.

"I'll come back soon. You'll wait for me right? " Xie Lian stroked Hua Cheng's cheek but Hua Cheng just stayed silent.
"Don't worry, San Lang. I'll come running to you. I won't make you wait for long. I'll finish this soon and will jump into your arms. "

Hua Cheng just let out a low soft chuckle.

"San Lang, I lo---- "
"What is it, Feng Xin? "
Xie Lian placed two fingers on his temple and closed his eyes.

"You're Highness, I think it's time for you to leave. "
Feng Xin spoke.

"I know. I'll leave soon. "
Xie Lian said.

"You're Highness. I know you can win this. The Heavens blessing will always be on you. "

Xie Lian looked at San Lang who was already looking at him. He slowly got off his lap and sat beside him, intertwining their hands.

"San Lang, wait for me. I'll be back soon." Xie Lian said in low voice.

"Gege, worry not. I'm ready to wait for you for another 800 years. " Hua Cheng spoke with a small smile. But only he knew how difficult and painful it was to imagine him losing Xie Lian again.

'No matter what happens, I'll wait for you. No matter how hard it is, I'll never leave you. I'll wait for you for however long it is, gege. But... Even if the same fate repeats, I'll always stay by your side. I don't mind going through all the pain again because I know that I'll get to see you smile by the end of it all. I love you, gege. '

"Shall I come to bid you farewell at the least? " Hua Cheng asked as he stood up.

"Shall we go? " Xie Lian asked with a small smile and Hua Cheng nodded.

They both walked out of the temple with their hands intertwined, a smile on their face, pain and fear hidden in their hearts. It was time for Xie Lian to face his Heavenly Calamity where anything might happen. Hua Cheng had to wait for his beloved for who knows how long. The future was unknown, yet the only known thing was the immeasurable love that they had for each other.

The time to test the power of love had finally come.