𝘾𝙝 3: 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨; 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

Start from the beginning

Xie Lian let out a low chuckle and rested his head on Hua Cheng's shoulder as he softly rubbed his back. "San Lang, I'm totally fine. " He said in a soft soothing tone.

"Are you sure? " Hua Cheng lifted his face and looked into Xie Lian's eyes. "What's wrong, gege? What happened? " He asked as he held Xie Lian's hand and softly caressed it.

"N-Nothing. I'm fine--- "

"You aren't. " Hua Cheng spoke. "Do you think you can lie to me, gege? Just the sound of your breath is enough for me to tell what's going on in your heart and mind. Do you think the sadness in your eyes can escape without me noticing it? "

Xie Lian looked at Hua Cheng with a small smile on his face as his eyes shone because of the unshed tears.

"Who did this? Who made my gege sad? " Hua Cheng roared. "Do they think they can escape from Hua Cheng's clutches? I'll go teach those brats in the heaven a good lesson! " Hua Cheng fumed. He broke the hug and was about the rush out when Xie Lian hugged him tight from the back.

"San Lang, please don't go anywhere. Stay with me. " Xie Lian whispered softly. Hua Cheng's heart clenched when he heard Xie Lian's sad helpless voice. His anger fumed but his first concern was to make sure that his gege was alright so he quickly turned around and pulled Xie Lian into his arms. He then princess carried Xie Lian and walked to the altar table, making Xie Lian sit comfortably on his lap while Xie Lian had his face buried in the crook of Hua Cheng's neck.

They both sat like that for a while without uttering a word, both drowned in their own thoughts. Hua Cheng was busy calculating all possibilities as to why Xie Lian was sad and how to torture the lives of people who made him sad while Xie Lian was thinking of a way to let Hua Cheng know that the time had come for him to face his Heavenly Calamity. The time had come for him to part ways with Hua Cheng and to fight the battle and win if he wants to get back to the love of his life.

"San Lang... " Xie Lian softly spoke.

"Gege " Hua Cheng called.

"Those 800 years... Was it very hard? " As soon as the words fell off Xie Lian's lips Hua Cheng's heart striked upon it's worst fears and his body became stiff. Xie Lian noticed this and softly caressed Hua Cheng's cheek placing a soft peck on it.

"It was hard, very hard. " Hua Cheng spoke in a soft tone, trying hard not to look weak.

"Then, how did you manage to live? " Xie Lian asked trying not to look at Hua Cheng's face as it would make him lose his fight against his tears.

Hua Cheng didn't answer and a deadly silence enveloped them. Xie Lian thought he didn't choose the right method to convey the news and was about to change his question when Hua Cheng's grip on him tightened.

"It's because I knew my god would never let go of my hand. It's because I had promised him that I would forever stay. It's because I believed that he would come to me one day. It's because I wanted to protect him and make sure that no one would hurt him. It's because, I loved him and believed that my love for him would take me to him one day. And here I'm... Holding him tight in my arms and being the person that he loves the most. " A tear escaped Hua Cheng's eyes and he quickly wiped it away.

Xie Lian let out a low chuckle and hugged Hua Cheng tight kissing his tear away.

"Maybe I should've listened to you. I shouldn't have visited the Heaven's today. " Xie Lian sighed.

"But that wouldn't have changed anything. " Hua Cheng spoke in an emotionless tone which made Xie Lian chuckle.

"Then what would have? " Xie Lian asked.