Brett.

Eddy's first and only love.

Met him in 2nd grade on a school visit.

His best friend for years. His crush for years. His partner in so many aspects of his life for years.  

The one that cherished him as much as he did of him so that they could always wear their hearts on their sleeves.  They spend their lives together being able to touch, sense, feel and see each other with their hearts.

Eddy wasn't sure if he could call out to him but he was willing to give it a try.

"...Brett?"

Then a voice rang in his ears. A voice that Eddy had loved the most in the world, the voice he had missed for so, so long.

"Hey, Eddy."

Eddy reached his hand out and he felt the presence of the person he had been pining for every single day since he was taken away from him.

"Brett....is it really you? ...How's this possible?"

"Um... well Eddy, you're with me now."

"...Oh... I suppose that makes sense."

"Are you okay about that?"

"Yeah... I expected it wouldn't be long till I get to join you. And I don't think that's a bad thing at all."

Eddy felt a warm sensation caress his cheek.

"You do seem calm Eddy, I'm glad."

"It's very relaxing here because I don't feel pain anymore."

"Yeah, it's great, isn't it."

"I think our daughter and grandson will miss me though.

"...We have a grandson?"

"Can't you tell from here?"

"We can't see everything from here.. but I was able to sense a presence of something or someone that gave her immense joy. It also made you smile, too."

"Yes... definitely."

"...I did sense that you were sad a lot though."

"You sensed right, Brett. I've been very sad since you left. I had such a happy life with you, every single day of my life with you I was so happy, so, when you weren't there anymore, I just crashed. I caused so much worry and sadness to our daughter. I'm sorry."

Eddy's voice was shaking.

"No, I'm sorry Eddy, for leaving so early.."

Eddy shook his head.

"It wasn't your fault."

And then Eddy froze as he came to a realisation and he stepped back.

"Oh no...no...! Don't look at me...!"

"Eddy??"

Eddy covered his face with his arms, with clenched fists.

Brett was in shock.  He whispered with a tremble in his voice.

"...Why Eddy? I finally get to see you.."

Eddy whispered back.

"I'm so old.. I'm... actually older than you now...I don't want you to see me like this..."

Brett gave out a sigh of relief.

"OMFG Eddy. I waited this many f*cking years to finally see you again and this is the treatment that I get??"