Rebel Yell Part 1

Start from the beginning

you."

Josuke put his wallet away.

"Neither did I. That's why you were able to win." He walked off.

"Spooky," Thoko said. "What?" Jolene asked.

He placed a hand over his eye. "Tch, I would have beat you... if I was trying." "Whatever."

"What's up with this anyway?" Thoko waved his hand over his eye.

"Hasn't said yet, but we can ask him in the room." There were a lot of things she needed to ask about, and she was going to get an answer.

"We're sharing a room?!" Thoko exclaimed, startling everyone around them.

Thoko, oblivious to anything else, noticed a waiter near him. "Uh, yeah, I'll have a virgin pina colada, the one that comes in a coconut. Jolene, what do you want?"

"You to go back to playing your game," Jolene said, but her attention was caught by something out the window.

Something she thought was impossible.

No. Not him, she thought. Not yet.

"I have to go," Jolene said, heading towards the entrance. "Jolene," Thoko said reprimandingly.

"You can see me through the window," she told him, standing up. "I'll be right back." Thoko sighed, but pressed play.

Jolene waded her way through more stuffy guests and out through the revolving doors. She was suddenly reminded of the need for AC. It was just past noon now, and though the shadows of the skyscrapers hid her from the sun, she could still feel the hot air.

She looked around, hoping that her eyes had tricked her. But no. It was him.

Jolene clenched her fist, then turned left, towards the man in loose clothes, with long braided hair, walking with a peculiar gait.

She placed her hand on his shoulder. "Jibby?" she asked, and the man froze.

He slowly turned, and her cousin met her eyes.

Jolene hugged him without a second thought. There was some small part of her that panicked, just for a moment, wondering if this was a type of enemy's trick, but this was real. He looked real, felt real, he even smelled real, and what's more important, she could feel it in her blood, that this was the real Jibby Joestar hugging her back.

"It's been so long, so much has happened, I just- I'm happy to see you and even though that doesn't change anything I don't care anymore-"

There was so much she wanted to say, so much she wanted him to say, but she started to get choked up. She pulled back and wiped a tear away.

"Why are you here? What are you doing back in Florida? Last I heard, you were in Europe."

Jibby opened his mouth, but closed it to a saddened smile.

"I gotta get somewhere," he mumbled. He grabbed her hand, and they walked forward.

There was something off about the way he said this. Sure, it had been years since he had left home over some fight she didn't recall the reason for, but Jibby was always loud and boisterous. He wore his emotions on his face, and made sure everyone knew what he was thinking. Jolene couldn't imagine something changing him this much.