Part Thirty-Three: Spite, Snappers & Spare Keys

Start from the beginning

You weren't surprised to see him, the two of you had a date night and he vowed to pick you up from work. You'd even stashed a few changes of clothing in your overnight tote so you could change after your shift, spend the night with him, and even head into work from his house the morning.

He looked incredible, beige trousers and a black loose-fitted shirt that was buttoned up half way.

Max cleared his throat next to you, bringing your attention back to him while his eyes flickered up and down Harry before turning to you. The noise alerted Harry who turned away from the painting and looked over.

His heart warmed but then seeing the man who was practically undressing you with his eyes, he wanted to rip it out.

"It was lovely to meet with you, I'll send that email through now." You kept your farewell professional and cheerful.

Max grinned. "Same time next week?"

"Yes."

He leaned down, his hand on your hip while he kissed your cheek and you stumbled back just as his lips made contact with your skin. "My offer still stands." He even threw you a wink.

You didn't even get a chance to reprimand him before he quickly left, you glared after him.

Harry was livid. Boiling in a green pot of jealously. He hardly wanted to confront someone who was obviously a client of yours, he didn't want to make you seem unprofessional or for it to have repercussions on your reputation.

But he hated that man, whoever he was. He hated that he thought it fitting to flirt with you, when you were clearly a woman that he was working with, and the fact he was acting like that was not okay. Even single or not, it was slimy and gross.

You were also his precious cherry. He had to count to ten to stop himself from going after the fucker, to drag him back and make him apologise to you.

"What offer?"

You turned to look at Harry, seeing his jaw clenched. Your eyes were full of worry and you quickly went to the door, locking it so no one could enter your establishment seeing as Max was your last appointment of the day.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry you had to see that, H." You hugged him and grabbed his hand, leaving kisses to the skin before dragging him into the office. "I just need to send a couple of emails and get changed then we can head off." You sat at your desk.

Harry sat in the chair in front of your desk, grumpy as hell with his arms crossed as he glared at the fluffy pompom decorating one of your many eccentric pens. He wanted you to explain what he'd just witnessed and but your brain was still in work mode and finishing up your tasks

"What offer?"

Your eyes met his over your laptop. "He asked me out for a drink, I told him no."

"Did you tell him you have a boyfriend?"

"Obviously, Harry. It was nothing, just made me feel a little bit weird."

"Did he make you uncomfortable?" Harry could feel himself getting angrier and angrier at this guy. If he'd made you uneasy in your own workplace, Harry would track him down and give him a piece of his mind. The image of him leaning in and kissing your cheek kept playing in his mind.

He was a relatively calm and understanding person and wasn't one to get worked up about men around his partner, especially over a kiss on the cheek. But this was rubbing him the wrong way.

You sighed, closing your laptop and seeing how this had really gotten to him. "I'm fine, H. I told him I'm in a relationship and that he has to be professional."