Two massive digits gently pressed against both sides of his hand, pushing his entire arm up and down. When Zelphar let go, he looked down at his hand in shock.

Then he looked up at his son in disbelief, earning a smirk from him. "So this is why you are so persistent on the idea of 'good' giants." Henricus ran his fingers through his hair.

"Have you told humans about me?!" Zelphar began to panic, looking at his friend, hoping that he was wrong.

"Uh, not exactly..." Theo rubbed the back of his neck while awkwardly laughing. Instead of glaring at him, the giant's breath picked up and hugged his knees.

"Zelphar, focus on my voice." Theo began, nearing the cowardly giant. "Take some deep breathes for me, okay?" He continued as his father was staring at him in disbelief.

"W-What if t-they try to k-kill me?!" Zelphar's voice was filled with fear. "What if they h-hunt me d-down?!" Then the giant buried his head into his knees, hiding away his tear-filled eyes.

"Hey, don't think that way. Besides, I will protect you no matter what." Theo confidentially placed his hands on his hands, standing triumphantly. The human was trying his best to cheer up his giant friend.

"R-Really..?" The giant lifted his head to look down at him, only to be met with an optimistic human staring back. A weak smile spread across Zelphar's lips.

"Of course! I can fight off an entire army!" Theo bloated, clearly exaggerating his swordsmanship skills. To show off, he took out an imaginary sword and swung it around.

Carefully, Zelpahr plucked Theo off of the ground, making him yelp in surprise. Henricus's eyes narrowed, ready to attack, but the giant ignored him. He placed him onto his other hand's flat palm, allowing him to stand somewhat. Then he held him up to eye level.

Theo could see more tears building up in the giant's eyes. "Wait, please don't cry..." His voice lowered into a soothing tone.

"Theo, t-thank you s-so much." Zelphar used his free hand to wipe away some stray tears. "Can I have a hug?" The giant squeaked, making both of the humans' hearts shatter.

"What am I going to say? No?" The giant's face became disheartened. "Yes, bring it in!" Theo quickly chirped, worried if he might have made him sadder.

Almost immediately, Zelphar pressed Theo against his cheek. The giant was beaming, relieved that he did want a hug after all. Henricus relaxed slightly and happily, watched the two bond.

_____

Theo was anxious the whole walk home with his father, worried about how long he would be grounded. The silence from Henricus terrified him even more. Even more so, his father's face was expressionless, making Theo sweat bullets.

It felt like it was hours until they were finally home. They both went inside, and Henricus locked the door behind them. Theo gulped, afraid of what his father was going to say.

Henricus sighed with relief before looking back at his son. "Now that a giant isn't looming over us, you can tell me everything." He gave him a weak reassuring smile.

"I swear on my life that Zelphar is good... despite his parentage. Please don't hurt him!" Theo gave him pleading eyes, but for some reason, he didn't look angry.

"I... believe you about that but tell me about..."

"Zelphar."

"Right, tell me about Zelphar."

Theo took a deep breath before explaining. "Uh, well, his mother is the one who had killed Garnier. But he hasn't killed any humans! Actually, he was the one who had saved those campers from his mother killing them. Zel had even protected me from her."

"...Has he ever hurt you?" Henricus asked, already surprised that he really owes the giant for saving his son's life and keep him alive.

"Well, yeah, but that was when he first met. He accidentally kicked me and knocked me out. I'm fine now, and he has never harmed me ever since." Theo felt like he had to keep repeating how Zelpahr was gentle and harmless.

"Okay... I can't believe I'm saying this, but I will allow you to continue seeing Zelphar. But if he ever hurts you, I will strike him down." Henricus warned, narrowing his eyes at his son to show he was serious.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" Theo cheered, a smile growing on his lips as he ran over and hugged his father. He hugged back, grateful that he was still alive.

Meanwhile, Zelphar was blissfully munching on some fruit he had found in some trees. In the back of his mind, anxious thoughts told him he would never see Theo again. What was he going to do if Theo was gone?

"My oh my, look who we have here." A frightening familiar voice said in a sing-song voice. The hairs on Zelphar's neck stood as he looked in that direction.

"Mother?! W-Why are you back?!" The younger giant stood from the ground. "I-I thought you thought I was pathetic." He looked at her in fear.

"I have realized how much you needed some common sense knocked into you before you truly learn your lesson." A sinister smirk grew on Alavara's mouth.

"Why can't you just leave me alone!" Zelphar tried to stand his ground, even though his legs were trembling, and his hands wouldn't stop shaking.

"You need to learn your lesson!" Quickly, the giantess threw a punch at him, knocking him on the ground. Zelphar groaned out in pain, holding his hand against his cheek where he was hit.

Before he could shield himself, another blow was thrown at him. Blood began dripping out of his nose that thankfully wasn't broken. Next, a kick hit his side, causing Zelphar to yelp in pain. Then her foot was placed on his chest, pressing down half of her weight.

The giant panicked, unable to breathe or struggle. A frown formed onto Alavara's lips as she stared down at her son. "I knew it would be a mistake to have a child with Garnier." She hissed before removing her foot, allowing him to breathe again.

Zelphar wheezed when her foot stopped putting pressure on his chest. His mother was about to leave, but he wanted to know who the Garnier was.

"W-Who a Garnier?" The words barely managed to escape his throat. She froze in her tracks, and her hands made a fist in anger.

"A worthless, pitiful human, just like you." Her words sent a shiver down his spine, and the hair on his neck stand. Then Alavara stormed off to her cave.