A Perfect Mistake - Chapter One

Chapter One

.:Cassie:.

"Cassie! Hey, wait for me!" a voice called out from behind me, I turned to look and saw it was Zara, my wannabe friend. The only reason she tries to be my friend is because I’m head cheerleader and the prettiest girl at school, which I got from my parents.

I stopped reluctantly and waited impatiently, looking at my reflection in one of the windows. My hair looked gorgeous like usual today; it was a golden blonde that shimmered in the sunlight, and to match I had deep blue eyes. I got my looks from both my parents; they definitely could have been models if they tried to be!  

When she finally caught up she was out of breath, "Zara, if you want to stay on the squad you really need to work on your fitness. You can't be breathing as heavily as you are right now at the end of the routine, it isn't right!" I told her sternly, it worked because she was scared. I could tell because she was nodding her head so much that I thought it would break off. "Now what do you want?"

"Oh yeah, I was wondering if I could sit with you at lunch today?" she asked nervously.

I chuckled at her stupidity, "Zara you know I only sit with Avery, Hailey, Holly and sometimes Ethan. No. One. Else." I told her and walked off, letting her get the impression that I didn’t want to speak to her. I could hear she muttered something but I couldn’t care less what she said. I know that was bitchy of me but that's how I've stayed on top for so long. I was bitchy once in freshman year and I was adored. If you’re nice in high school, you get nowhere. Fact.  

My brother, Nathan, is a perfect example of that. When we came to high school, he was put on top because of his looks. He was expected to be mean to everyone but in fact he was nice, so his posse ditched him and now he hangs round with the film making geeks.

However I'm nowhere near as horrible to my girls. My family and friends mean everything to me. I even count my parents friends as family as they have been there throughout my whole life.

Lunch just started and I was heading outside towards the steps where I sit with Avery, Hailey and Holly. As I got closer, I saw they were already sitting there waiting for me.

Avery is this beautiful black girl, with loose curly black hair and brown eyes. She's on the cheer squad with me; she and Hailey are the only ones I allow to hold me up when we do lifts. Hailey has the most gorgeous strawberry blonde hair I have seen, and sky-blue eyes. She's on the squad as well and she helps me so much with choreographing the routines. Holly on the other hand isn't on the cheer squad, but she might as well be because she is normally at all rehearsals. She makes our outfits and helps with any jobs that I am in need of assistance. She has soft brown hair, and chocolate brown eyes. She gets her looks from our family as well. From photos I saw that when my uncle and auntie were our age, they were really good looking. However they weren’t as hot as my parents were. My dad is still pretty hot for a thirty-six year old man but I don't know about my mum, she died after she gave birth to Nathan and me. She was extremely pretty when she had us... she was only sixteen!

I only sit with these girls because I've known them since… forever. Holly is my cousin so of course I've known her forever, but I met Avery and Hailey at preschool. It was my first day there and I was really scared, it was also my first day without my dad being there and Nathan saw something and ran off, leaving me alone; but the girls came up to me and asked to be friends and ever since we have been like sisters. I share absolutely everything with them.

I sat down next to them, “Hey girls! How’s your days been?”

“Great but I really want you to spill the goss… how was Ethan’s last night?!” Hailey giggled.