chapter two

I stand in front of the mirror in my room, trying to find something to wear on my first day at this new school. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I was up all night tossing and turning. The what if's are eating me up inside. I have never been so nervous before in my life. The urge to put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt on is almost hard to resist. Pushing the thought aside, I pull out some of my new clothes. Hopefully this dark look with stop people from talking to me.

"Hurry up, Jade. You better not be late on the first day!" I hear my dad say from downstairs.

"I'm almost ready dad," I yell as I stuff my feet into my black, studded combat boots and pull on my black leather jacket. The only thing not black in my outfit is my bleached, shredded skinny jeans.

I didn't always dress like this, all tough and stuff. At my old school, I was the girly girl. I even had a purple volkswagen beetle, well I still have that car but it hasn't arrived yet. But anyways, my style has changed a lot since last school year because I want to really be someone different . When we went shopping, I almost hot rid of all my old, preppy clothes.

Finding an outfit took longer than it was suppose to, so I hurry up and grab my phone before running out the door. Since I don't have my car yet I will have to walk to school. Hopefully I won't be late but I seriously doubt that.

"Hey, Jade, right?" says a voice from behind me. It's the guy that showed up on moving day.

"Uhm, yeah." I all but stammer out. Gosh, since when did I really am the shy girl.

"Do you need a ride? If you walk, you will be late and remember I already said I would take you." Tyler, I think that is his name, says.

"Sure, but just for today. My car should be arriving tonight." I tell him as I hesitantly get into his car. This is making me really nervous, but I can't be late on the first day.

"Oh, it really isn't any trouble."

"Thanks, so it's Tyler, right?" I sure hope it is. I would be so embarrassed if I already forgot his name.

"Yeah, it is." He replied back. This car ride better not be long.

I say finally when we reach school like it was a long ride even though it was only five minutes. I'm so nervous being in a car alone with him that it felt like hours.

I basically jump out of his car before he even turns it off and start walking to the building in a fast pace.

"Hey, wait up," Tyler says as he jogs to catch up with me."Want me to show you to the office?"

"No, thanks, but I think I can find it myself." I just really want to separate myself from him.

-

I found the office rather quick, but filling out that mountain of paperwork was not as fast. By the time I got my schedule it was already towards the end of first period.

As I walked into the classroom, all eyes snapped to me. Great, just what I needed. Attention.

"Can I help you?" the teacher said.

"Sorry, I'm new here." I just barely whispered to her and handed her my schedule.

"Okay, Jade. Welcome, I'm Mrs. Milton and this is English IV. I was just wrapping the discussion on this year but I'm sure someone can fill you in. Here are you papers and you can sit anywhere."

There was only one seat left that was in the very back next to a girl with bright purple hair, so I made my way back there and practically dropped into the chair with a huge sigh. This day just started and I already wanted it to end.

"Wow, sounds like you are having a bad day," the girl said.

"Yeah, you have no idea." Why am I talking.

"I don't know, I might." she huffed."I'm Feya"

"Jade, so what did I miss?" I might as well ask her because I need to know.

The bell rang before Feya could even begin to tell me. We got up and headed towards the door.

"You didn't really miss much and everything is on that paper she handed you." she told me as we started to go our separate ways.

-

It was finally time for lunch, I didn't think math would ever end. I am glad I brought my own lunch because the food here looks inedible. I sat down at a table in the back of the cafeteria.

"You aren't seriously gonna sit all alone are you?" says someone from beside me. I look over to see Feya and Tyler taking a seat on the other side of me. It's just my luck that the two people I have spoken to today are apparently friends.

"I was actually planning on it" I say as I look away from them."

"Well, that is not okay," Tyler says back.

"Yeah, come on, everyone needs a friend on their first day!" Feya all but screams in my ear.

Great, just what I need, friends.

-

After school, I walked home as fast as I could. I had no desire to be stuck in a car with Tyler again. I sure hope my car arrived while I was at school.

When I finally got there, the first thing I noticed was my father was not home from work yet, but my mom had sure been working on the house. It looks so different.

School did not go the way I was hoping it would. I had planned to not talk to anyone but the teachers. But I just couldn't help it. I really do miss having friends. Feya and Tyler seem harmless really. Maybe just two friends won't hurt. I just need to make sure they don't find out about my past.

--
So here is the second chapter. I'm not sure how much I like this chapter. Please comment and vote! Please ignore typos because this is unedited right now.