2: Reunion

I made my way past the battle grounds and back over to the buildings of Jujutsu Tech.

I stopped and took a seat on an old bench, deep in thought. My heart was broken after looking into Yuji.

It's always the best people who are hurting the most.

"Hey, Y/n. Mind if I join?" my least favorite person snarked as he took a seat next to me. Or maybe he was my most favorite person... I couldn't really tell anymore.

"Actually, I do mind."

"Oh come on! I haven't seen you in so long! You can't even be a little nice to me?" he smirked and leaned back, crossing his legs and stretching out his arms.

Always has his guard up... Always playing this cocky, asshole act.

"What do you want, Gojo?"

"Mm, no need to be so formal Y/n. You can still call me Satoru."

I sighed heavily, already feeling drained by his pompous persona.

"So, what'd you think of my new student Itadori?" he asked. "Pretty impressive, right?"

I looked over at him. He was wearing his blindfold, but for some reason, it always felt like he could still see me. Like he was still watching my every move.

"Are you going to protect him?"

"I'm going to teach him how to protect himself."

I nodded, looking back out onto the scenery of the campus.

"You can't let them kill him, Satoru."

He inched closer to me, resting his head on his hand.

"I've missed the way you say my name."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head softly, not wanting to be lured back in by him.

He chuckled and leaned back against the bench, "You know how we can make sure they don't hurt him?"

"It's the higher-ups who are the problem," he reiterated.

"I don't kill."

"Not even after connecting with Itadori?"

I sighed, thinking about everything I felt when I entered Yuji's heart, mind, and soul. It was tempting, of course, but I had a strict rule for myself.

I don't kill.

And Satoru was actually the only one who knew this about me. A special grade sorcerer who would never sacrifice another human, well, it was pretty unheard of.

Special grades were known for getting things handled, no matter the cost. And I only partially fit that description.

"No," I whispered softly.

"So I guess he's not that good of a guy," Satoru teased.

I rubbed my forehead, feeling more conflicted than ever, "Actually, he's probably the best person I've ever seen."

"What!? No fair. What about me?!"

"You don't usually care who lives or dies," I stated boldly.

"That's not true. I just recognize that sometimes loss and sacrifice is unavoidable for the greater good."

I turned my head to him, ready to argue this out for the 100th time, "But why do you get to decide what the greater good is? You don't know, truly know.

"You can never say for certain what is best or what some people may deserve or what's a fair or just decision."

"We don't get to decide who lives and dies just because we're sorcerers."