Groceries | Chpt 39

Start from the beginning

"So now we're all shopping?" I asked, taking the crosswalk as the caboose of the group. Cars rushed past once we finished crossing. I watched the front of the group enter the market and Kaminari grabbed onto my arm to keep up with everyone. Bakugo lingered, but kept up seeing as we were the only one's he would really tolerate talking to.

"Okay, so TetsuTetsu, Kendo, Shinsou, and Mineta you'll be following me," Midnight said. Mineta wouldn't cross Midnight after what had happened earlier in the year and I, too, had stomped him into the ground so he wasn't coming near me. "Bakugo, Kaminari, Todoroki, Midoriya, and Monoma will be with (y/n)."

"Literally all the 1-A losers," Monoma scoffed, heading off into the grocery store. He wasn't even equipped with the grocery list. Kaminari leaned over to whisper something.

"By the way he hates our class," he said, beginning to walk towards the first aisle.

"Wonderful," I said, gesturing the remaining 3 boys in my group. I pulled open the list as we stopped in the first aisle, seeing it was split in 2. I had to get my own and they had their dorm stuff. "We need a cart--"

I glanced up to Kaminari, hoisting himself over the edge of a cart.

"Kaminari you stop that right now!" I scolded, glancing around the store in case people were looking.

"What?" he asked. I hurried over, swatting him down to his feet.

"I'm going to lose my mind," I stated frankly. He looked at me, playing into the guilt. "Okay, so there's your items. Here are mine. Monoma I guess you can just help."

"Goodie," he replied, crossing his arms. I looked from him to Bakugo, who was also pouting with his arms crossed.

"I got one!" Kaminari said, pointing to a bag of something in his hand. I crossed it off their list, nodding.

"Good job."

"Oh, how I love it when you praise me."

"I'll run you over with this cart."

"You're mean when you're grocery shopping."

"Boo hoo. Hold this," I said, handing the list to Todoroki. I needed 2 things from this aisle and I glanced to their usual spot. I picked up the items, turning around to see Deku standing beside me. I jumped slightly and he apologized.

"Sorry."

"It's fine, you need something?" I asked.

"Oh no, I just wanted to say thank you for helping us out today, I'm sure this isn't how you want to spend Friday," he said.

"Oh...you're welcome."

"Last time we tried shopping, Kacchan and I, it was a total disaster. Maybe this will be better," he said. I just laughed ever so slightly and he smiled. "I feel like for my teacher's kid, I don't really know you at all."

"Yeah, well," I shrugged, not knowing what to say. We returned to the cart together.

"Maybe I could put you in my quirk notebook. I don't have medical quirks in there and I think it's really interesting," he said.

"Maybe," I replied, giving him a thin-lipped smile. I gestured for Kaminari to move to the next aisle but he was glaring at me.

"I found the first item," he said, clearly jealous of the small, friendly interaction I had with Deku.

"You also tried to climb in the cart," I stated and he just scowled, letting out a breath. Since when did I become the babysitter? I glanced around as we entered the next aisle. "Where is Monoma?"