╰➢ late night rendezvous

Start from the beginning

"And then?" Nicole asked, throwing a rock. It made a loud plop and fell to the bottom of the lake.

"And then he asked for the worst, did old Lucius."

Nicole gasped. "They're gonna kill you?"

"Not me." Hagrid said grimly. "Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!"

Aurora looked over the letter in her hand in fear and confusion.

Aurora,

My dear friend Lucius Malfoy has told me all about you trying to convince him on that dangerous beast— Buckbeak. I never expected something like this, especially from you.

I had to talk to him and convince him that Nicole was forcing you into doing it, and that had managed to calm him down. Please, do not annoy the Malfoy family. Our family ties with them will help us a lot in the future, I'm telling you.

Your father and I made up. He might have figured that there wasn't anything that could change your Aunt's minds, so expect them to move back to our old family home. Oh, your Aunts are dying to meet you! I've told them all about how you're amazing at Potions, and they bought you a lot of gifts to help you with it.

Anyways, please stay close to your friends. Tell your sister to stay out of trouble.

Love,
Mom.

First, she was quite annoyed that Lucuis Malfoy had to rat her out to her mother, but at least she had managed to do something about it. She was also pissed off that her mother was calling Buckbeak a "dangerous beast". It wasn't it's fault that Draco had too much pride!

But as she read the rest of the letter, a rush of excitement came over her. Atleast she could go meet her other aunts, and they had gifts too!

But then, she got confused. Nicole wasn't mentioned at all in the letter (except about her staying out of trouble) and Aurora didn't want to believe Nicole's words that her mother didn't like her as much as she liked Aurora. However, the longer they talked in letters, the more she noticed it.

Aurora sighed, shoving her letter into a table desk as she walked down to the common room. Sitting down the chair was Pansy Parkinson lovingly staring at Draco, while the blonde boy talked to his minions.

"Draco, I cannot believe you got that bird killed!" she exclaimed.

"My father couldn't keep it alive after you've seen what it done to me." Draco sneered, his eyes glinting maliciously.

"Your father was right, Dra—"

"Shut up, Parkinson." Aurora snapped.

Crabble and Goyle sniggered.

Aurora was about to punch him straight in his face until a hand stopped her from doing anything. Blaise Zabini had a stern look on his face, as if telling her that violence wasn't the way she should go with this.

"Whatever." she snapped, pulling her hand away. The girl made her way back to her dormitory, ignoring the shrill laughs that came from Draco and Pansy.

Harry walked down from the dormitories to the Gryffindor common room, where Nicole was asleep on the giant couch with three textbooks around her.

He noticed that Nicole was really trying to drown herself in her studies, and un unhealthy amount too. The girl barely got any sleep and forced Hermoine to help her in potions; which the bushy haired girl was glad to accept. But no matter what, it seemed that Professor Snape wouldn't get satisfied.