Chapter 9

The thought of choosing between them had kept her up all night. She'd list the pros and cons.

Henry was kindHenry was with hellHenry was secretiveHenry was romanticTristan cared for herTristan liedTristan was also secretiveTristan had hurt herTristan vowed to help her without hesitationTristan was with heaven

How could she possibly choose?

Last night she'd been transferred back to Edgeworth, so, at least when she woke up she had some sort of familiar surrounding.

She slowly opened her eyes to the glaring light through her window. She looked to the chair in the corner of her room, where her sweater had been.

Caroline was sitting on the chair.

No. It couldn't be her. Could it? There are Vampires and Werewolves, maybe resurrection was possible? How was she here?

Viola was shocked, she was speechless.

"C-Cari- Um, I-is that you?" Viola stuttered

"You killed me, Viola. I'm dead." Caroline stood up and walked towards Viola. Her hands reached out without emotion, ready to choke Viola. There was a scowl on Caroline's face like to other. Viola screamed bloody murder.

Then she woke up. She'd screamed in her sleep. It had just been a realistic nightmare.

Henry rushed in.

"Viola!" Henry saw her.

"Are you alright, what happened?" Henry stood at her bedside to console her.

"I'm fine, it was just a nightmare." Viola blushed at the sight of him wearing anything but his school uniform. He looked at her comfortingly.

"Do you want me to um-" he cleared his throat, clearly embarrassed.

"..stay, perhaps?"

"Uh- make yourself at home." Viola cringed. Had she just invited him to stay? The night?!

He sat in the chair Caroline had been in. She relived it, remembering how Caroline's dead hands reached towards her.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Henry noticed her discomfort.

"The nightmare, I saw Cari. She was um- dead. She said I killed her." Viola whispered.

"But you didn't. It wasn't her. Seeing her dead- it must've been traumatizing."

Viola felt relief at his words. He was right. It wasn't real. Yet, she couldn't help but wonder why she'd say that.

Then she realized;

"Reign. Reign killed her to get to me. She killed Cari just to scare me." Viola gasped "It WAS my fault." Her hands shook with fear.

"It wasn't." Henry assured her before falling asleep.

He seemed so peaceful, so harmless. Not much different than he'd been when she first met him.

"You'll have to choose." Henry interjected her thoughts.

"I know." Viola didn't need any reminders, she was fully aware that she had to make a choice. Heaven or hell. Tristan or Henry. Siding with Henry could have catastrophic consequences, she knew that. But would it be worth it? Tristan cared about her. Did she care about him enough to side with Heaven?

She couldn't think about it now. She looked at Henry, he was peaceful. She wanted to achieve that kind of peace.

She slowly closed her eyes to sleep. Maybe the morning would be easier.