☽twenty one☾

Harry, Ron, and I are sitting in a compartment on the train. We're headed back to the Burrow for Christmas.

"Unbreakable Vow. You sure that's what Snape said?" Ron questions.

Harry nods. "Positive. Why?"

"It's just, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow," Ron states.

"I worked that much out for myself, funny enough," Harry remarks.

"You don't understand," Ron starts. He turns and notices Lavender standing outside the compartment door. "Oh bloody hell."

Lavender uses her breath to fog over the glass on the door. She draws a heart and writes R+L in it. "I miss you," she whispers before walking away.

"Lovely," I remark.

Ron leans towards Harry and I. "All she wants to do is snog me. My lips are getting chapped, look."

"Then I'll take your word for it," Harry tells him.

I push Ron back. "I don't need to hear this."

Hermione walks by and notices the writing on the door. She walks away without saying anything.

"So what happens to you? What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow?" Harry asks.

"You die," Ron states.

I make a face as I sit back in the seat. There is no doubt in my mind that Draco is a Death Eater. Everything just makes sense now.

Harry and I sit in the living room of the Burrow with Remus and my father. Harry explains to them all that he's heard and seen in regards to Draco.

"Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?" Remus questions.

"I know it sounds mad," Harry states.

"Has it occurred to you, Harry, that Snape was simply pretending to offer Draco help so he could find out what he was up to?" Remus questions.

"That's not what it sounded like," Harry states.

"Perhaps Harry is right, Remus. I mean, to make an Unbreakable Vow..." I start.

Remus cuts me off... "It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgement. Dumbledore trusts Snape, therefore, I do."

"Dumbledore can make mistakes. He said so himself," Harry states.

"You are blinded by hatred," Remus insists.

"I'm not," Harry insists.

"Yes, you are. People are disappearing, Harry. Daily. We could only place our trust in a handful of people. If we start fighting amongst ourselves, we're doomed," Remus explains.

I sit in the kitchen with Mum. Dad is talking to Remus about Order business or something of the like.

"You and Remus seem very happy," Mum states.

I smile. "We are."

"The long distance thing must be hard," Mum says.

I nod my head. "But it's worth it."

"You really love him don't you, dear?" Mum asks.

"I do, Mum. I've never felt this way about anyone else," I confess.

"I can see it in your face. You haven't been this happy in years. Not since..." Mum trails off. I nod my head. "Does Remus know why you left the Ministry?"

I shake my head. "When he asked we were in the Great Hall. I didn't want anyone to overhear. So I just told him I was bad at my job. Remus being Remus he didn't push."

Mum grabs my hands in hers. "It has been eight years, dear." I blink away the tears forming in my eyes. "Maybe talking about it will do you some good."

I nod my head. "I'll think about it."

"It's time to go, Darling," Remus tells me.

I nod my head. I say goodbye to my siblings as Mum and Dad walk Remus and I to the door.

I smile at my Mum. "It was delicious, Mum, really."

"Are you sure you won't stay?" Mum asks.

"No, we should go." I look over at Remus. He is staring out at the sky. "The first night of the cycle's always the worst," I whisper.

"Remus?" Dad asks.

I step towards Remus. "Sweetheart?"

Suddenly a fireball comes flying towards the ground. A circle of fire surrounds the Burrow. Bellatrix Lestrange flies down landing in front of the flames. Remus and I both draw our wands. She laughs as the flames part and she runs towards the marsh. Harry comes running out of the house past us.

"Harry, no! Harry!" Dad shouts.

Remus chases after Harry.

"Remus!" I shout as I chase after him.

The fire parts and Harry runs through. Before Remus or I can catch him the flames close again. I use magic to create another opening. Ginny seizes the opportunity to run right through.

"Ginny!" Mum shouts.

Remus, Dad, and I make it through the flames. The marsh is like a maze as we try to find Harry and Ginny.

"Harry!" Dad shouts.

Then I can hear magic being thrown. I take off running towards the sound.

"Ginny!" Dad shouts.

Remus, Dad, and I make it to Harry and Ginny. We stand in front of them protectively. I don't see Bellatrix until she is suddenly flying through the air. Then another Death Eater follows her. A loud crash draws our attention to the Burrow. It's in flames.

"Molly," Dad states.

Dad takes off running back towards the Burrow. We all follow after him. Mum, Ron, Fred, and George are all standing out front watching the Burrow burn. Besides Hogwarts it's the only place I've ever called home.

We all head to 12 Grimmauld Place needing somewhere to spend the night.

I sit on the bed, my head in my hands. I look up when I hear the door close.

"Your father has finally gotten your mother to bed," Remus tells me. I nod my head. "You get some sleep, Darling."

"How can I sleep knowing that the Burrow is destroyed and my mother is heart broken?" I question.

He moves to sit down next to me. "This isn't your fault, Tamsin."

"Your right, Remus, it's not my fault. It's Mum's fault. It's Dad's fault. It's your fault. It's everyone's fault," I insist.

"Tam..." Remus starts.

I shake my head. "It is. We all chose to be involved in the Order. We knew what could happen. The Burrow burned. We lost Sirius."

"It's going to get worse before it gets better," Remus states. He grabs my hand. "But it will get better." I nod my head slightly. "You should get some rest."

"Will you stay with me?" I ask.

"Of course," Remus tells me before kissing my forehead.