I. MOONY, TINY AND THE T-DUDE

Start from the beginning

With great difficulty, she dragged herself from bed, washed her face and got dressed before grabbing her backpack and stumbling downstairs to the living room.

"Luna!" she heard a preppy voice from behind and turned around, instantly bombarded by a bubbly redhead bouncing her way. Amy smiled widely and hugged Luna around her waist, exclaiming, "Happy birthday, Moony!"

"Ames! Why do you have to be so fucking energetic in the morning!" Luna grumbled loudly, ruffling Amy's hair.

Amy Whitfield arrived only a few years back, her parents having died, and Luna knew from the minute the girl attached herself to her, that Amy was under her protection.

"You ready for your first day, tiny?" Luna asked.

Amy nodded enthusiastically. "I'm ready. I didn't like my old school, but I'm gonna do my best at this one!" she said, a determined look crossing her face. "But," she began quietly, "what if the other kids don't like me?"

"Then I'll make them," she said seriously.

"Moony!"

She chuckled and shook her head. "Okay, okay. Kidding. Don't worry, I know they're gonna love you. Now, come along, Pond. I'll walk you to school." She grabbed Amy's backpack from the couch and grabbed her hand, leading her out the door of the shelter.

The usual tortuous classes went by agonizingly slow that day for Luna. They were boring on a normal day, but on this day of all days, she could not get the ticking of the clock out of her head. It was her fifteenth birthday and she had prepared a special treat for herself. Because, if no one except a nine-year-old was gonna remember your birthday, you had better make it special yourself.

It was yesterday, late in the library, when she had finished writing the code for her new hacking program, and she was ecstatic to pick out a large-scale target to test it out on. Something big, something daring, something so incredibly dumb no one would ever believe her.

When that final bell rang, Luna shoved through the crowds of students and sped of across the streets of Brooklyn, making her way to the library. She tumbled through the door, claimed the nearest computer and plugged her drive into the right spot. Her nerves were on fire, her mind racing at the possibilities.

Leaning back in her chair as she waited for the program to fully load, a TV in the distance caught her attention. It showed old news coverage of the time they found the world's first superhero frozen in ice: Captain America.

Who would've thought my great-grandmother's ex-fling was still alive?

The channel switched to commercials and just as Luna was about to look away, the face of the world's most famous billionaire came on screen. Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man. The seed of an idea began sprouting in Luna's mind. Stark Industries had a vast network of well-protected codes and systems. Perfect for her to test out her new program.

The little idea plant in her mind had began branching off into the many steps of the plan she would need to perfectly perform for this to work: she would need access to the Stark Industries mainframe, which could be accessed through any of the computers in Stark Tower. If she could plug one drive into one of those computers, and connect it to the one in the library, her program should be able to get to work.

Easy peasy, Luna thought as she went to work.

The hot midday sun burned in Luna's eyes as she squinted up at Stark Tower from where she stood at its base. As she looked up at the enormous letters on the building, the nerves hit her like a truck. The little weight of the drive, clenched in her fist, suddenly felt like bricks holding her down.