"But I'm trying my best, you've gotta let me in"

I waved as the last of the girls disappeared out of sight. I had promised my mum that I'd come home to see her soon, since she was all alone at home without dad. And it was also her birthday so if that counts for anything...

Going back to the scabby interior in our apartment, you'd also think that we could afford a better bus, rather than this smelly and mouldy old "Kelly transport" coach. It didn't help that there was fifty free seats yet this sweaty, nervous and carsick man had decided to sit next to me and I would be surprised if a rat ran under my feet soon.

Like I said, fame? Not always amazing when your meant to "keep a low profile".

I kept my headphones in and tried not to breath through my nose as the forest and fields flew by outside the fogged up window. I dug through my handbag for my phone when I saw the sign for Enniskerry. Mum made me promise to text when I was about an hour away.

"Passing powers court now, be about an hour. Can't wait to see home xx D"

"Good stuff, see you in a bit Hun xx"

I rolled my eyes at the enthusiastic response. Switching off my phone, I decided to think of anything else other than going back to the hell I had to live in for so long.

As soon as the song came on I regretted ever turning on my music in the first place. Hometown. As if it wasn't enough that home was where my abusive dad originated from, but it was also where Josh came from.

I skipped the song when I felt those thoughts coming on. Why did I have to do this alone?

The one thing that was able to cheer me up though, was the next song, Uptown Funk.

And I only started cringing and stopped my little dance when I realised Mr. Sweaty beside me was looking at me like I was some sort of labatory experiment. I felt my face go red and the rest of the journey was sort of awkward...

I nearly jumped out of the bus when we finally arrived in Blessington. The girls had ready texted me a picture of them and the boys telling me to have a nice time.

Wait!!

The boys?! What were they doing with them? I looked again at the photo. It was the lot of them on the beach at Dun Laoghaire, all smiled and hats and coats, the sea looking grey and freezing. But there was one person missing.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

I swung the door open and dropped my bags in the porch before yelling down the hall.

"MMOOOOMMMMMM!!!!! I'm home!"

I heard the kitchen door opening as I unzipped my jacket and pulled off my hat and scarf, just in time to be engulfed in a huge hug.

I tapped her arm when I ran out of breath, giggling a little bit.

"Hi mum" I sighed when she finally let go. She just smiled widely at me before grabbing my hand and pulling me back to the kitchen she came from.

I had a double take when I saw another person in the kitchen and turned back to my mum, who was looking back at me hopefully.

But there was no hope of me being grateful.

"I cannot believe you" I said, most likely venom spraying. But it was only the truth, because the extra person at the kitchen table was one of the few people who I was scared of.

Number three was Dwayn Johnson, because man that guy was huge.

Number two was Jess, because when she got angry I'd rather be anywhere other than within a ten mile radius of her.

And number one, was my Dad.

And the person at my table was definitely not Dwayne Johnson or Jess.

I swung around a spat a quick "fuck you" before slamming the kitchen door behind me and leaving the house with extreme haste.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Twenty minutes later, and I don't remember half of it, I found myself holding a tescos packet of tissues standing outside the Gray household.

I guess it was the only place I felt safe in back when my dad was.. The way he was.

But I didn't have the courage to go into that house either, so I ended up sitting on the curb crying my eyes out.

Why the hell was he back, and my mom was happy about it?! She couldn't have forgiven him?

I jumped when I heard the squeal of brakes and a car door shutting. Sniffing I looked up, and cringed when I saw the one and only Ms.Gray...

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Sorry for the slow update I've been sick all week with the flu... But I know for sure that the boys twit cast cheered me up so good!!! They'll never get old those adorable things 😂👏 and OMG CRY FOR HELP!!!!!!! ITS FICKING AMAZING!!!!!!! I LOVE IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH AND I ALREADY HEARD IT LIVE AT THE PANTO BUT SERIOUSLY OMG!!!!!!!! 😍😍😍😍😭 I'mma try calm down a bit now 😂👏 anyway keep reading... tell your friends all that craic 👋👌