Chapter 40

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Having unloaded the van and stepped aboard the train, you lingered by the entrance watching Bruno kneel before a water fountain. His brows were furrowed and it was obvious he was still looking for whatever the key led to.

Moving your gaze towards the station's clock then back towards the Capo you chimed in, "Bruno, the train's going to leave soon." Catching sight of the confused expression strewn across his face you added on, "Is there something wrong?"

"There's no other drinking fountain on this platform, is there?" Raising the key and placing it next to the keyhole before him he added on, "This key won't fit into this keyhole. Not to mention you don't even need a key to open it. It's just a stopcock."

"What about the fire hydrant?" You weren't really sure why the key would go to a fire hydrant but there was a lock on it and a key certainly went to it. Now whether that key was the one Bruno had or not was the real question.

Moving to grab the lock and place the key beside it he shook his head, "No that wouldn't work, the shape is completely different. There aren't any locks or doors that this key will fit. They just aren't here!"

Pursing your lips in thought you casted a glance towards the time once more, "Should we pass on the train then? The next one departs in fifteen minutes for Rome." Suggesting that you watched him turn his gaze towards you.

"No. I'm sure some of our enemies know we're here and are heading to the station now. We have to leave here immediately!" Insisting that he then listed out what Abbacchio read off the key back in the van. "The sixth platform...The drinking fountain with the turtle...This has to be the spot! This has to be." Raising the key into the air some more and eyeing it he brought it down, "Damn it! What's-" Catching his gaze drift past the key and towards the turtle sitting by the drain, everything clicked.

"Wait a minute, does the key belong to-" "The turtle." Finishing the thought for you Bruno quickly scooped up the animal ushering you back into the train. Slipping the key into the slot on the turtle's back, the group each got pulled down into it ending up in a rather spacious room.

Pulling yourself up from the floor and staring up, you were quite impressed that something like this could happen. Bruno also seemed quite impressed himself, "So the key wasn't made to fit into a keyhole. It actually fit right into this turtle's shell. That, in turn, somehow activated the turtle's ability, creating this space and making the key itself the entrance so that we could hide inside." Everyone stared up at the glass ceiling in surprise, it wasn't everyday that there was an animal with a stand.

"So wait, does that mean that the turtle is a stand user?" Asking that you were the first to begin moving around the room, running a hand along the furniture as if to make sure it was there and not just something you'd phase through. Wanting to ask the same question you did Narancia reached upwards practically getting sucked back out through the key before returning, falling right into one of the red chairs.