Who Are You?

Guard walked in through the portal and into our make shift base where Star was. I slide off Guard's back, my feet hitting the ground below, Star ran straight up to us and tackled me making me fall back and hit the ground. I let out a small 'ugh-gah' as I made contact with the ground and as I had a four foot cat on top of me. Star just stared into my eyes before saying.

"Luna your back. I was started worry about you two, what happen out there?" I open my mouth to speak, but Guard beat me to it.

"Luna here decided to go and face a dangerous man with a knife." Star's eyes go wide at that and let out a loud.

"SHE DID WHAT!" I winch at the tone in her voice. Her actions soon turn back to me, the look in her eyes showed she was not at all happy. Next thing you know she got off of me and looked me in the eye.  She then started talking.

"Luna Burner! What on earth where you thinking! You are so lucky you turned Guard real before that man could have killed you!" I looked down at the ground in shame for a minute and then looked up and was about to speak when Guard stepped in by saying.

"That is enough Star. I already got on her about that *sigh* can I talk to you for a bit, Star, and Luna you should go rest and I mean TRY AND REST as much as you can please." I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"But Guard I-"

"No, don't try and hide it Luna... I know the nightmares are back aren't they?" I looked up in shock opening and closing my mouth, trying to find the right words to say. But nothing came out, so I just hung my head and looked at the ground before nodding and heading to the hammock, taking off my hooded jacket and ankle high boots and climbing into the hammock.

I just laid there staring at the ceiling as both my hands rested under my head as I let out a sigh. I took one of my hands out from under my head and moved it to grab hold of the necklace around my neck.

(The picture at the top)

It was my father's necklace. He gave it to me before he disappeared, he said it was a gift from an old friend, someone he saw as a brother. He said never take it off, that it will keep me safe. I closed my eyes trying to let sleep come, but it does not.  I start turning to try my sides or stomach, but nothing works. I then sit up looking around, seeing Guard and Star not there still.

I decide to get up and out of the hammock going and grabbing my jacket and ankle high boots. I slowly started making my way to the door, listening to make sure no one was there before opening the door and sneeked out of the hollow and on to the wide branch. I quietly put on my boots and jacket and started carefully walking out on ot the branch a little more and jumped. I quickly started to feel energy of a whole other person flowing through me. I used it to jump safely to the ground below.

I landed in a crouch and then stood up to my full height. I pulled my hood over my head to hide my face and started walking away from the giant tree that holds our base. As I started walking on the trail that went deeper into the forest, I couldn't help but feel like someone was watching me. I was on alert already, but I was on full alert now. I lowered my head and continued to walk. I slowly quickened my strides, another person's energy was flowing through me again, but this time it was my senses that kicked into over drive.

My hearing spiked to where I could hear the sound of softer footsteps from behind, as I sniffed the air picking up a scent that did not belong to Guard or Star. This was a whole new person I'm dealing with, my eyes quickly scanned the tree lines for a place to hide and catch who ever this is. I saw a small trail to my right. I quickly turned off into it and hid behind a tree that would hide my form from who ever this is following me. I waited till I saw a figure about six foot, waering a dark blue hoodie under a sea green vest the hood up and had on light-ish blue jeans with brown sneakers. They stopped, thier head turning from side to side as if looking for something or someone. I then darted out from my hiding spot and attacked, hitting him on the back of the head.

He fell to the ground, a grunt left him as he hit the ground. He started getting back to his feet, and I started running the other way full speed. My senses still in full gear as I ran, the sound of foot falls ringing out from behind, letting me know he was in pursuit of me. Grinning my teeth as I ran, taking to the trees, weaving in and out of them, in hopes of losing the person behind me. I had no luck shaking him. I kept running heading for the creek, as I made it to the clearing of where the creek was, the place had so many big rocks ever were. That's where I hope I can lose the person behind me, I started jumping from rock to rock trying to stay ahead.

I turn my head to see if I was still being followed, I landed wrong on my feet and started falling forward. I hit my head on a rock and hit the ground, blackness surrounded my view and then a figure appeared in front of my sight. I could tell I was losing consciousness. I groaned as I was losing the fight to stay awake. There was a muffled voice was all I heard as my world went black. I hope Guard and Star don't start panicking when they realize I'm not in the hammock.

??? Pov

*Sigh* I can't believe that he went off at me like that again and over ONE. SIMPLE. MISTAKE. it was more annoying than the the other missions we have done. I was walking though the woods near by the base, I was walking when I saw a girl walking just ahead of me. I was confused since all the Townes people around here never come into these woods at this time of night. And something else seemed different about her, but yet seem familiar as well.

May be it's her scent that she was giving off or something else about her. But still what is she doing out in the woods? I decide to follow her to see what she was doing. As I followed her I realized she was starting to speed up her pace. I was fine with that if I could just pick up her scent again.

I lost sight of her after a while and stopped looking around and sniffing the air to pick up her scent again when suddenly I was hit on the head and fell to the ground with a grunt.  I started getting up again and then heard footsteps running away in the direction of the base. I swore silently before getting up and giving case. The girl was weaving in and out of trees heading for the creek.

I quickly darted thought the trees, trying to keep up with her. When I got to the clearing, she was all ready jumping from rock to rock. But something that scared me was when she landed wrong and fell, hitting her head on a rock. I sprinted over as quickly and safely to her as I could.  As soon as I got there and looked down at her, I saw she had a cut on her head and was bleeding.  She let out a pained groan. I could tell she was losing consciousness, but I needed her to stay awake.

"Miss? Miss please you need to stay awake. You need to try to stay awake."

She lost consciousness soon after.

"Aw, nuts." I quickly lifted her up in my arms, and turned and high-taled it to the base. I just hope I can make it in time.

"Man... Mac's going to kill me for this... But I am confused though, who are you?"

>*<>*<>*<

Hi there guys I hope you are Inejoying the story so far. And please let me know if I need to work on anything.

Peace my readers