Okay. Was what David's text said.

Are you all right? Was what Sebastian's text said.

Yeah, I'm okay. John got hurt. Badly. Alex replied.

Oh...I hope he gets better. Sebastian's text said.

There's something you're not telling me. Alex replied. Sebastian didn't reply for a little while. Seb, what happened?

Alex finally put the puzzle pieces together. This was how Moriarty had planned to bring John home. He had commanded someone in the part of his Network in Afghanistan to shoot John not enough to kill him, but to seriously injure him. She had received such commands herself on missions. She was furious though. How dare Moriarty put her brother's life in danger like that?! Alex caught a cab and went to her work place. She stormed into Sebastian's office. He sighed, seeming to know that she was there.

"I knew you would react badly to this." He said.

"HOW DARE YOU PUT MY BROTHER'S LIFE IN DANGER?! HE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!" Alex yelled. "HOW DARE YOU NOT RUN IT PAST ME FIRST?!"

"Alright, well, first I think we should use our indoor voices." Sebastian said.

"HE MIGHT NOT MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" Alex yelled.

"He'll be fine, Alex." Sebastian said.

"Of all people, I think you would be sympathizing what I'm going through." Alex said. "You know how this feels."

"And I think that you would know by now that there's barely any sympathy given in this compound." Sebastian said. "John will be fine."

"If he doesn't make it, I'm quitting." Alex said. Sebastian finally looked up at her.

"Are you sure about that?" He asked.

"I think if I lose the person who's most important to me, then you can lose your most important agent." Alex said.

Alex then stormed out and went back to her flat. She kept her eye on the phone all night long. She didn't sleep that night either. The phone rang in the morning and Alex grabbed it.

"Hello?" She said.

"He's stable." Major Sholto's voice said. Alex breathed a sigh of relief.

"Is he going to live?" Alex asked.

"It looks like it." Major Sholto said.

"Thank God." Alex breathed. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. We'll have him call you as soon as he can." Major Sholto said.

Alex went to work, but her mind wasn't on her work. She and her friends completed a mission, but Alex had almost screwed it up for them. Sebastian had scolded her and Alex had punched him. Sebastian now had a black eye. Alex hadn't apologized. Everyone was steering clear of her when they had heard it was Alex's work and not the man they were trying to capture. Alex decided that she needed to seperate herself from everyone. She was in one of her moods. She left without even telling Sebastian first. She went home and curled up on the couch, missing John and worrying over him. She knew he was going to be a changed man when he came back. She would be there for him though. He would have been there for her if this had happened to her.

-------------------------------------

It had been several months since John had first gotten shot. Alex came in for work, but would only stay for a little while. Sebastian didn't mind. Alex had earned her fair share of days off. It was finally the day that John could come home. Alex was anxious. She had called the day off, of course. She went to the airport. She awaited John to come excitedly. She knew it would be hours. John had called Alex and told her the flight he would be on and what time he would probably get back. It would be early afternoon, but Alex didn't mind. She just wanted to be with John again. When the flight he was on came in, Alex stood up. She stood up on one of the chairs she was by so John could see her. Her other family members weren't there for whatever reason. Alex had decided now that John was the only family member she cared about and would be there for.