Vol. 2.5 | Runaway (Almost) Bride

Começar do início

You've got to be fucking joking. Marriage? Theo? He's matchmaking me with Theo, out of everyone else, because he's a part of the sacred 28?

"Please don't tell me we're still on this. I thought we agreed that our pure blood status doesn't matter anymore," I interrupt my father. Ever since he apologized to me and tried to make amends, he promised that he wouldn't call me a "blood traitor" or make such a fuss about blood purity anymore.

"Theodore is a good match for you. He's a nice boy who comes from a great family," My father says, as my scowl goes deeper than it already was. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask in both shock, and anger. My father simply shrugs, "I'm telling you right now."

"No, i mean beforehand!" I shout angrily, "You didn't think it was important to ask for my approval or my opinion before you went to Mr. Nott?" My father shakes his head dismissively, and sighs,
"It doesn't matter. Theodore will be able to protect and care for you, i can count on him."

"Protect me?" I scoff, rolling my eyes, before continuing, "I don't need a man for protection, but if you're looking for someone to protect me, I reckon the bloke who killed Voldemort can do that better."

"Potter, Potter, and Potter again," My father huffs in annoyance, before he shouts at me angrily, "It has been FOUR YEARS! FORGET HIM!"

"What if i don't want to?" I snap back, and shout back at him, "I don't want to forget him, or marry Theo. He's my best friend-- That's just weird." It really is. Imagine marrying your best friend who you already think of as family. Weird, 'innit?

"Harry Potter is bad news for you, Theodore isn't. End of discussion."

"But--" I try to argue again, but my father interrupts me sternly, "End of discussion."

I groan in annoyance as i stomp to the guest bedroom Theo's staying in. I open the door and slam it shut behind me, startling him who was reading yet another comic book, sitting on a chair.
But before he could say anything, i angrily ask, "Did you know about this? And did you just decide to not tell me?"

"Know about what? Tell you what?" Theo asks cluelessly. I roll my eyes as i plop myself down on his bed, "That our families arranged a fucking marriage for us!"

"Arranged a what?" Theo asks in confusion, furrowing his eyebrows, and i repeat myself, exclaiming, "A marriage!"

"A MARRIAGE?" Theo asks as his eyes widen, and his jaw drops to the floor. But then he chuckles, grabbing a glass near him and sipping on some water. He laughs out, "That's funny."

But he stops laughing when he notices my stern expression-- My face scowling. Theo's expression drops, as he part his lips, looking up at me with wide eyes, "Holy shit you're serious," He mutters, shocked.

"You think?" I exclaim angrily, as Theo's shocked expression stays on his face. He gulps, then mumbles, "I did not know that." Then Theo stands up, approaching me and says, "No, genuinely, Y/n. I didn't know. I'm just as shocked as you are right now."

"You didn't?" I ask him, lifting an eyebrow. Theo shakes his head, and tells me, "Well they haven't told me or mentioned anything of the sort."

"Your dad is literally in my living room," I say to him, and Theo widens his eyes. He hasn't spoken to his dad in a long time, and now he suddenly wants
him to get married. Theo's mother died when he was at a very young age. So he was left with his death eater father to raise him.