Chapter 14, So Close To Freedom.

Start from the beginning

Being that close to someone, especially a person like him, makes me automatically back up.

I scoot as far back as I can into the car door, against the window.

It doesn't help any though, because he shuffles as close as he can to me.

He grabs my thighs, and sets me on his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist, holding me there so I cannot move.

I don't appreciate this, at all. I squirm and huff and puff, but get no where.

"Let go." I turn my head to face Silas, looking into his eyes.

"Nope." His dark green eyes stare into me. "Got to make sure you don't escape."

"But, my hands and feet are tied..." I protest.

"I don't need an excuse to grab you and set you on my lap. End of story." Sadly, considering that I'm being held captive... He's right.

I stop struggling and sigh in defeat, Silas smirks.

"So, Drake, What do we have in plan for her?" He asks, starting one of their "casual" conversations.

"One of her siblings gets a big beating while she watches, and she will watch. I'll tape her eyelids open if I have to," The sinking feeling of sadness is filling me, it's not fair. "We'll have to punish Scarlett directly too, not sure how yet though. Although it has to be something she'll remember."

They talk as if they've forgotten I'm here.

Drake turns in his passenger seat to look to me. He snarls, "Sound good babe?"

"Please, can you just leave them alone?" I beg to Drake.

"Stop begging, it's pathetic. And it won't change the fact that one of your brothers will be beaten because Lucy needs to heal."

"You- you beat her that badly?" My voice cracks.

"I did." Drake speaks as if it's absolutely okay to beat an innocent child.

"She didn't do anything... It wasn't right of you to beat her that bad, or at all because she didn't deserve it. A person like you on the other hand, they deserve a very big beating."

Silas' grip on waist pinches, I squeal from the pressure. He presses his lip against my ear, and whispers to me so know one else can listen. "Stop talking like that Scar, you're making things worse."

"Congrats Scarlett, now when I beat your siblings and you, I'll make sure to make it ten times as painful." Drake claims.

Silas then whispers to me again. "Told you so."

"Master, please, can I just have one more chance?" This is my last attempt at getting what I want, and what I want is to protect my siblings.

Silas squeezes my waist again, as if warning me that what I said wasn't good to say.

Drake turns around in his seat to look back at me, I can't see his eyes because it's too dark. But from the way his voice growls, I know he's frustrated. "Stop. Begging. Now."

"Sorry." I mutter before shutting up.

"That a girl." Silas whispers and it's starting to bother me.

"Pass her to me." Drake orders.

No, please no.

Si's whispering may be starting to bother me, but I rather his presence than Drakes any day.

I turn to Silas to look into his green eyes, and shake my head no, I plea to him with my pearls and a puffed out lip.

"I dunno, I kinda enjoy her on my lap." I smile, thanking him.