"I have a business trip." He proposed, breaking the silence as she quietly nibbled on a piece of her peach.

"Another one?"

"I'll be gone for two months."

"Am I just supposed to wait around for you. For two months Scorpius?"

She was angry. Lately, Scorpius had been leaving on all sorts of business trips that made no possible sense for him to be gone that long. She figured it was highly confidential if he could never tell her where he ran off to. Scorpius often said he was dealing with a lot of stress because of the ministry, but he never looked stressed. In fact, she took notice of how calm he seemed to look recently.

His eyes flickered up to hers in anger. "It's a work thing."

"Yeah it always seems to be a work thing."

Scorpius shoved the table slightly, causing it to move against the marble floor and colliding with her stomach. She let out a loud gasp as a painful shock connected with her stomach.

He eyed her, his eyes softening by the slightest. "Are you okay?"

Esme rolled her eyes, completely done with his idiotic actions. His face didn't hold the slightest of remorse. It was like he was faking his sincerity. Almost like he didn't give a crap about shoving a table right into his stomach. Maybe he didn't notice. Yeah, that was it. He was probably busy thinking about work. It was okay.

"Fine." she choked out, looking towards the bathroom.

"Hey,Hey, Did I hurt you? I didn't mean to shove the table that hard Esme."

So he did notice.

He hesitantly walked towards her, and she took a step back, recoiling from his touch. He shot her another angered looking before storming up to her.

"I'm okay."

He took a step closer, and she sucked in a breath looking up into his blue eyes. Raising his left hand, she closed her eyes, flinching again. She only peeled them open when she heard the sound of his feet shuffle backwards.

"You thought I was going to hit you?"

"Wha- N-"

"Your unbelievable, what's gotten into you Esme. What happened to the girl I used to know?"

She released the breath she was holding in, taking a large step away from the wall and towards him. She felt a fire ignite within her bones. She wanted to stand up for herself, to scream and yell at him for being so godamn self-centred. But then she took notice of the way his eyes flickered over her skinny body in complete disgust. Her mind wandered to the way Mr.Malfoy had eyed her body from last night, the way he made her feel flustered. The way his eyes trailed along with her entire figure, taking in her body that was hidden underneath the blanket.

Maybe he was just as disgusted.

"Yes I am. I'm sorry." She whispered. Her eyes locked on the floor.

He scoffed loudly before marching back up to her. His mouth moved towards her ear. "You should be sorry.".

His voice made her suck in a sob that was bubbling in her throat, ready to burst out. He was right. She was growing to be a sloppy mess. She was a horrible person who needed to put him first. She was being selfish and was putting herself first again. Scorpius was right. He always was.

With that, he moved back slightly, coming face to face with her and then forced his lips against hers. She kissed him back instantly, scared of what would happen if she refused. Her mind was in a complete state of shock. She had never seen him act so ruthless, so uncaring. Did he not care about her anymore?