𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑰

JUNE LESTRANGE WAS THE FEMALE BRUNETTE VERSION OF DRACO MALFOY, seeing as they had spent the majority of their lives together, no wonder the two had developed almost identical personalities. But on that fresh September morning, when June was longingly looking out of the train window, she wasn't her usual sharp-tongued self. This would be her first time being away from home so long, and going to Hogwarts made her more nervous than excited. The little brunette-haired witch was inseparable from her mother and despite already being eleven, she was worried about being on her own.

"Hope your aunt rots in Azkaban, bet there's a child's ward up there for you."  A nasty older Gryffindor barked at her whilst passing by, making her feel sicker by the second. June sighed deeply, pretending to not see all of the Slytherin students turn to look at her.

She had been cursed by being born into a wicked family. Lestrange, a surname that would haunt her as long as she lived. Being part of the sacred twenty-eight, the Lestrange's were a pureblood family, dating back to the 1600s. June took as much pride as she could in being a pureblood witch, having extraordinarily powerful ancestors from both sides of her family. Her father, Rabastan had married a pureblood witch from France, where the Lestrange's had ancestry ties, as well as their massive family vault in Paris.

The only reason she was taunted was because of her father, his brother, and his wife. Bellatrix Black Lestrange was her aunt by marriage, but June had never personally met nor her aunt, or uncle. And for that matter, she couldn't remember the last time she had seen her father either, June was only a baby when he was sent away to Azkaban for a heinous crime no one told her much about.

"What a bloody twat." June heard Draco Malfoy say from beside her. Draco was her cousin by marriage, but luckily for him, he didn't share the same last name as Bellatrix. People didn't know she was his blood-related aunt, they never puzzled the pieces together, so he didn't receive as many threats as June and her brother did. Instead, he received praise for being a Malfoy. His father worked at a high position in the Ministry of Magic, and their family was extremely wealthy. 

Thankfully, June and Draco got along perfectly well. Having spent most of their childhood in each other's garden playing among the flower bushes and statues in the great manors both families owned. Every weekend they were sure to go over to either the Lestrange Manor or the Malfoy Manor.

June shrugged her shoulders in reply to the platinum blonde-haired boy and helped herself to the sweets on the table from the lot they had bought off the trolley earlier.

"I swear once my father hears the way they treated you the second we got on the train, Dumbledore will never hear the end of it." He continued, attempting to comfort the girl. She gave him a small smile, still feeling too homesick to act like her usual sarcastic self.

"Bet your brother will beat up that stinky third year." Added Gregory Goyle, one of Draco's best friends who was always over at Malfoy manor along with Vincent Crabbe. June never liked them much, but she supposed they were tourable. The mention of her brother made June feel a little better, he was in his fourth year at Hogwarts and she was glad to have someone other than Draco that she was close to. 

Across their table sat four other fellow future Slytherin's June was acquainted with. Pansy Parkinson, a short, pug-faced girl with dark brunette hair. Daphne Greengrass, whose family was also a part of the sacred twenty-eight, whom June only knew because their family comes over for tea every once in a while. Theodore Nott, a taller boy with brunette hair who June met at Diagon Alley while shopping with her father. And Blaise Zabini, a dark-skinned boy who was the tallest and out of the eight eleven-year-olds. June only met him last week in Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour with Draco, he had known Blaise before June did.