"it must be lee suho's or kang soojin's."

"of course, who else would own such an expensive car and have a driver?"

iseul was about to walk past, not bothering to engage with the crowd when the driver that stood outside the car suddenly walked up to her. the girl backed up in surprise, wondering what he wanted with her. "miss bae iseul?" he questioned politely. 

"y-yes?" the girl stuttered out, noticing how the conversations had died down into quiet whispers, the attention falling onto the girl who was trying her best to just avoid it. 

"your father has sent me to pick you up, i'll be your personal driver from today, you can call me mr yoon." he bowed towards the younger girl, taking her by surprise once again.

"a driver? i don't need a driver." iseul mumbled, her face screwed up as she wondered just what kind of life she was living right now. just who on earth was she in this world?

-

"i'm home." iseul shut her front door behind her, her eyes glancing around the house. now that she took a proper look at it, she noticed that it wasn't just her room that was different but the whole interior and exterior of the place. it wasn't the same quaint home that she lived in with her grandparents, but instead a house that was probably the size of a mansion.

"welcome home, iseul-ssi." the girl jumped in surprise, turning to find a random lady exit the kitchen. if it weren't for the uniform, she would've assumed she was breaking and entering, however iseul realised that she must've worked for her family. just how loaded am i? she wondered to herself as she politely bowed towards the lady.

"sorry, but who are you again?" she questioned, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion. the lady gave a warm smile that made iseul's heart melt at the sight, a pang of nostalgia hitting her as if she had seen that expression one too many times.

"i did hear about your memory loss, but i didn't think you could forget me." the lady mumbled to herself, seeming to tear up a little which made iseul feel bad. it was clear that they had a close bond. 

"i'm sorry..." iseul apologised, not knowing what else to say. her gaze fell to the floor, awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck. if this world really was her reality, then she didn't want to think about how many people she must've hurt from her sudden memory loss. "ah, then my parents...?"

"they're at work, they probably won't be returning until late tonight." iseul nodded, glancing down at the name tag pinned atop her apron. minjoon. "then, i'll get dinner prepared for you, go get changed and wash up for now." minjoon smiled fondly towards the girl, ushering her in the direction of the stairs. iseul nodded, a small smile playing on her own lips as she climbed up the stairs. 

"ah, ahjumma?" iseul turned around, her hand on the banister to balance herself as minjoon glanced over her shoulder towards the girl. "can tonight's dinner be kimchi jjigae? i'm suddenly craving it." iseul requested. minjoon smiled, holding an emotion that iseul couldn't quite figure out. 

"of course, i'll get it ready right away." minjoon nodded, bowing towards the young lady before hurrying back into the kitchen. iseul smiled, continuing her journey up the stairs. however, the smile didn't last long as the reunion wasn't enough to keep her distracted from the growing fear building up in her stomach.

i want to go home. 

༺  ...loading...  ༻