But Dawn ignored me and her bodyguard grabbed ahold of me, holding me back. I squirmed trying to get out of his grip but it was no use. I stopped trying to break free when Dawn had reached Lila.

"Hi there. I'm Dawn and you must be Lila." She said nicely, crouching down and sticking her hand out. My eyes were just flooding with tears as my hands were held behind my back and I watched the encounter in front of me.

Lila put her small right hand in Dawn's large, wrinkly hand and gave a light shake.

"Dexy, who are these people?" Lila asked me with a confused but worried look on her face.

"You are gonna live with them for awhile, okay?" I smiled through my tears. I didn't want her to be scared.

"But I wanna stay here. With you and mommy and daddy." She said back.

"I know, but that can't happen." I said back. Dawn gave the tall bodyguard, that had ahold of me, a look and I felt him slowly let go of his grip on me. I looked at Dawn and she gave me a nod, she was letting me say goodbye.

"Come here." I said as I bent down and opened my arms, allowing my sister to run into them. I hugged her the tightest i've ever hugged anyone. I squeezed my eyes shut and curled my lips in, stopping them from making any sound that would reveal my sobs.

"I need you to listen to me, okay?" I let go of the hug and gently pulled down the pink shirt that was balled up on her stomach. I placed my hand on her cheek, "You'll be okay. And I want you to know that I, mommy, and daddy all love you so, so much."

"Wrap it up." The other bodyguard stated in a deep, cold voice. I looked up at him and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I'm so sorry." My voice cracked, I pulled Lila into another hug before she was pried out of arms from the two bodyguards.

"Please! No! Don't take her!" I begged. But they just kept going. Lila looked back at me before Dawn shut the door. And that was the last time I will ever see her again. I fell to my knees and just broke down crying. Then I heard a gunshot making me flinch the hardest i've ever flinched. I gasped and looked up at the door, running to the window just to see a black van driving away. I slid down the wall, bringing my knees to my chest. I didn't even know what to do. My eyes were glued wide open, my mouth getting dry from being open for too long. My heart hurt, it physically hurt. Tears were just spilling out of my eyes uncontrollably.

They killed her. My baby sister. They killed my little sister. She's dead. She's gone.

"Good morning, Dexton. Ready for tonight?" Mrs. K said as she was walking up her driveway to the mailbox. I've known Mrs. K for as long as I can remember, she's a sweet lady, somewhere in her early 30's. She just had her third child or she wouldn't be in the village.

The village is a place where all the kids live til the age 18. Parents are allowed to live here until their child is at the age of 13, then they are off to one of the factions back to work. My parents left 3 years ago, after Lila died.

"As ready as i'll ever be." I smiled at the lady. I was heading to the bookstore, they just got a new arrival of books and I wanted to get what I can before noon, when everyone comes.

"You have a nice day." Mrs. K smiled back at me.

"You too."

I took out my balled headphones in my pocket and popped them in my ears after detangling the wires. I pushed the sleeve of my red, long sleeve shirt up on my arm, revealing my sliver bracelet. I pressed the button, causing a screen to be projected on the palm of my hand. I scrolled through the song options for the day, they all sounded terrible. I need to have a serious talk with whoever is in charge of what songs we listen to for the day about their music taste because it is terrible.