"can-can you help me?" he asked meekly, pointing once again to his blank worksheet.

the desk mate's gaze shifted to the multiplication assignment and a tired sigh left his lips.

with one swift motion, yoongi turned the paper over to its backside, revealing the answer key to the problems on the front. "there."

the entire milky way could've been seen within the eight year old's brown eyes, them becoming wider than saucers.

hoseok looked at the blond as if he just made a miracle happen with his bare hands, which, in a third grader's eyes, he kind of did.

the younger boy's admiration for him grew 10 times that day, hoseok would never forget how his hyung saved him from inescapable failure that morning (even though the assignment was only a minor).

yoongi, unbothered, lay his head back down behind the textbook, continuing his interrupted nap.

meanwhile, in the front row of the class...

"i swear to god, namjoon, if you tell her, i'll kill you and no one will ever find the body!!!"

"she's going to find out anyway! it's better to tell her now than have her find out about it and punish us all!"

seokjin had his desk mate, kim namjoon, in a headlock trying to force the goodie two shoes boy's hand down before he got the attention of their teacher.

namjoon was going to 'snitch', as seokjin put it, on the class and tell the teacher that she had accidentally printed the answer key on the backside of their assignment. but seokjin wouldn't allow it.

"it's literally so easy! anyone could do this with their eyes closed!"

"not everyone is megamind like you, namjoon!"

"you don't know what 2 times 10 is?!"

"shut up!"

||🥕||

jeongguk sat down in one of the pastel pink tulip chairs, an exasperated sigh leaving his lips after taking a sip from his iced boba tea. today had been a long day.

"we've only had one person come in today.." jieun mumbled, mostly to herself, tone somber and solemn.

"well.. one is better than none."

"that one was you, dumb ass."

"oh."

jeongguk removed the pink bunny mascot head and set it on the table beside his drink, running a hand through his matted black hair. today had been a long, uneventful day.

"we have to get some kind of business before the end of next month." she said, "otherwise we'll have to close..."

the younger glanced over at the cage near the window, eyes searching for the familiar grey and white bunny rabbit.

said bunny, named boba, was snuggled up in the soft hay of their cage, free of any worry.

closing time was approaching soon, and since they hadn't got any customers, there wasn't really any cleaning up to be done. jeongguk rummaged through his pocket, setting a few bills on the table before grabbing his drink and tucking the big bunny head under his arm.

"we'll figure something out, noona. don't worry." he assured, though his voice lacked any real emotion.

that's what people had been saying to him this whole time. 'you'll figure it out' and 'don't stress', yet his first year of college was almost over and he still had no idea what he wanted to do with his life.