Ava let Harry listen to it a few more times so he could figure it out himself.

"I've got to go and look for people who can't use their voices above the ground. . . ." he said slowly. "Er . . . who could that be?"

"Slow, aren't you?"

"Ava, there aren't merpeople in there, are there?"

"Caught on, took you a while," she chuckled as they got out of the bath.

Harry didn't speak on their way back, he seemed very nervous and worried.

"  how am I going to breathe?" he asked her worriedly.

"I don't know Harry. But there must be a solution, otherwise, the task would be impossible. Don't worry I'm sure we'll figure it out. I'll ask Neville and Hermione to do some research. Ron can owl one of his brothers. We'll find something."

                                                                                                ***

The next day, Ava had called an emergency meeting with her friends to figure something out for the task. They were gathered in a corner of the library, far away from others. Ron, Hermione, Ava and Harry were all sat at different corners. They had gone through every book of the library for what felt like hours but still, they found nothing.

"Come seek us where our voices sound," repeated Harry, his head resting on a book.

" The black lake, that's obvious," assured Hermione.

"An hour-long you'll have to look."

" Again obvious," she said, " though it must be potentially problematic."

"Potentially problematic? When was the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione ?"

" Look H-Harry we can do this. The four of us can figure it out," she assured him.

Ava was drifting away, her head resting on Ron's shoulder, who was knocked out. In the corner of a bookshelf, Professor Moody appeared limping.

"Hate to break up the scholar's session, Professor McGonagall would like to see you three in her office."

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and -" started Ava.

"Exactly, presumably Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep," he interrupted. "Go, now," he said, his voice much louder.

Knowing not to argue, they hurried out of the library and into McGonagall's office.

" You may be wondering why I have gathered you in my office. The second task is tomorrow, and the champions will have to retrieve something they cherished. After a tough decision, Potter will retrieve Mr Weasley, Krum will retrieve Miss Granger, Delacour will retrieve her sister and you Miss Lupin, will be retrieved by Mr Digorry."

They looked at each other anxiously, not knowing what to say.

" Do not worry, a  temporary spell will put you in a deep sleep and you won't feel a thing. Understood ?" she asked.