Chp 12 : Hermione faces her childhood tormentors

Start from the beginning

    A mean thing to do but Zara was small and maybe she hadn't changed much she thought . Becuase even now Zara was jealous of Hermione . Not enough to pull those soft curls . Some things never changed .

    "Just like how Uncle Tylor handled when you were flirting with a man much younger than you , Aunt " Hermione cutting reply bought Zara back to reality . Zara didn't knew if she should be horrified at the comment or to laugh .

   Speaking about Hermione , she was shocked . Even though she didn't showed it on her face . She hadnt mean blut it out but truthfully she didn't regret it . Her Aunt had cross a line raising a finger on her character . Aunt Margaret looked like she had choked on her own spit . So did Catherine and Aunt Rose . Her uncles thankfully had not heard Hermione's comment .

   Before all hell could break loose . Her mom came back after talking on the phone in a hurry , oblivious of the stunned silent or tense atmosphere .

   "Hermione , dear , I need to go . One of my patient , Patrick , has got a serious pain in his morals . I don't know where your dad is . Tell him , I am taking the car and would call him once I reach my clinic . Bye ! Love you "

   Nit waitimg for a reply  her mom was already out of the magnificent glass doors . Her uncle just now realizing how quiet the room was , turned towards them . But before they could enquired , Josh , Hermione's dad entered the lobby .

    Hermione quickly turned towards him to avoid talking to her relatives .
"Dad , mom just left . One of her patients had gotten a serious teeth pain . She took the car . Where were you? "

"Ohh , I was talking to Draco " her dad said in a casual tone . Hermione was surprised to heard that coz Dad hardly talked to Draco , he continued , " Maybe I should go after her incase she needs some help . I will take the cab , love you sweetheart ." Her dad told his goodbyes to his other family member and was about leave when Hermione stopped him ,

   "Dad , why don't you take my car . It will be more convenient for you . I will pick the car later on ." Silently summoning the keys from her sling she  handed it to her father, "I will just go with Draco . "

   Her dad smiled at her , kissed her on the forehead and walked towards the door . As Hermione watched her father's retreating back from the glass doors , she felt a sharp pain on her right arm as she was forcefully yanked back by none other than Catherine .

   Catherine was seeing red . The whole dinner she had heard Draco and her parents praising Hermione . Everytime when she would try to talk to Draco , he would bring Hermione into the conversation . Some way or the other . 

   No man had ever ignored her . But Draco had , and not even once or twice . Draco had ignored her charms , her flirty lines as if she was some irritating fly . She had jusy snapped when Hermione so casually told that she would go with Draco , as if she was his girlfriend .

   For the first time , Catherine thought she was not alluring , that her looks were not enough and because of whom ? Hermione Granger . Who didn't even knew how to properly apply a eyeliner , Catherine was sure .

   Catherine spoked in a tone which was missing her usual  soft tone or the false sweet undertone ,

   "Who the hell do to you think you are ? Didn't knew behind those hideous bushy hairs was hiding a slut . If you think that Draco is stupid enough to fall for your so call charms than you are wrong . I am sure he is only paying attention to you to show your true colours to your boyfriend . Let me make one thing clear . You are not beautiful . You can never be like me . You are a -" 

    "Enough!" Hermione shouted pulling her hand from Catherine's painful grasp . The lobby was so silence that the faint clattering of cutlery can be heard from the dining hall . The others were standing so still as someone had petrified them . May be too shock by Catherine's outburst .

    But obviously no one had stopped her like all the other time . And Hermione was done with it . She didn't wanted to do anything with her family . She was tired of being bullied , tired of hearing taunts . So like a true Gryfindor she straightened her back and faced the people who had ruined her childhood memories .

    "You know Catherine what Draco's full name ? Draco Abraxas Malfoy . The person you were so desperately flirting with is my boyfriend . I think I don't need to say anything else do I to clear my image . I don't even know why I raveal this . " turning towards her aunts and uncles  she continued , "Aunt Margaret , you asked me that why was I avoiding you ? This is why I was avoiding you lot . Because I have seen the truth , the real faces you hide behide those fake smiles . Uncles you should have stopped your wives and daughters if you wanted to land a project with Draco so desperately , but I think it too late for that . Call me a liar , if you want to , I really don't care . I am done with you all . Let hope we never meet each other . If you find your name blacklisted in all of Draco's restaurants , than you are the one to be blamed ."

  Hermione turned and reached the glass doors that separated her from the outside world and some well needed fresh air . But before stepping out she turned her head towards her shocked family and looking directly into the eyes of Catherine  she said -

  "And Catherine I can't match you in looks . But you see Draco prefers sweet , a little sly girls like me over mean girls whose personality are as ugly as how beautiful they are ."

  And with that final words Hermione left a very humiliated Catherine and rest of her extended family behind , kicking them out of her mind and her life as the  cool wind hit her face .

________________________________________

Disclaimer : I don't own any of the harry potter characters or the harry potter world . All the credits goes to J.K.Rowling .

Wait , there's still some chapters left . If you have tolerated my boring writings and stupid grammatical mistakes for so long , than tolerate it for some more and complete this story .

  Ohh and btw sorry for such a long chp  . I just felt that I should add Zara's story too .