18 - I WON THE BET!

It was a hazy Sunday afternoon, outside was a fair eleven degrees. Not too cold, not too warm. The rain from the night before made the landscape glisten under the soft sun rays.
The two of them were engulfed in a duvet, while watching TV in the living room.

"Hey shorty, you're famous!" Hange said excitedly, pointing at Yoda on the screen.
He whacked her head lightly, which made her giggle.
The two of them were watching 'The Empire Strikes Back'. They were on a Star Wars marathon, having a relaxed day in.

"Hey, Rivi?"
"What?" he said, his eyes still glued to the screen.
She reached out her hand to brush her fingertips across his jawline, then leaned upwards to nuzzle her nose against his neck, a strange noise following.

He flushed a light pink, not daring to look at her.

"W-what was that, idiot?"
"It's how I express affection," she said with an innocent grin.
His blush deepened., turning his milky skin bright red.
"You idiot..."

She chuckled, and softly pecked his cheek, making his eyes widen.

"Four-eyes...do you... like me?"
"Duh, I thought that was obvious."
"Jeez, I was just checking."
"You just like hearing it."
"Tsk."

She bit down on her lip. He looked so adorable in the moment. She opted to grab her Polaroid, but was too lazy to follow through with it. She beamed at how the light danced on his luscious inky locks. She gave in to the urge to tangle her fingers in them, to which he actually let her. Hange didn't really expect that.

"Hey, shorty?"
"What?"
"Are we like...a thing?"
"Duh, I thought that was obvious," he mimicked her tone playfully, and poked her nose.

"So can I wear your hoodies?"
"You already do."
"Tsk."
"Stop stealing my line four-eyes," he said, resting his palm over her forehead and lightly pushing her onto his lap so he could stroke her hair.

"Ooh someone's dominant."
"Tsk, shut up."
"So are you submissive then?"
"Why, do you wanna test it?"

Now it was her turn to flush red.

"O-oh look, it's Darth Vader!" she squealed, changing the topic to hide her shock.
He chuckled, half-smirking down at her, before directing his attention to the movie.

The next day at school:

Nanaba choked on her milk.

"YOU GUYS FUCKING KISSED?!"

"Shh, can you keep it down?" Hange said, chuckling while shoving her friend's leg.
"THAT MEANS I WON THE FUCKING BET!"
"Bet...?"
"So...Me, Erwin and Mike made bets on when you guys would get together."
"..."
"Mike said a month, Erwin said two and I, being the genius I am, said six weeks."
"You...you guys...took bets?"
"Yeah. I mean, it was obvious to pretty much everyone. Apart from you guys."
"Wow...I mean...congratulations... on winning the bet, I guess," Hange shrugged, slurping the banana milk from her straw.

"Where's Petra and Rico?" Hange asked, looking around the corner of the roof.
"They're helping Erwin prepare for the winter dance. Decor committee."
"Is Erwin into all that?"
"Erwin's student council President, it's his job. I'm surprised you didn't know."
"Winter, dance huh? Let's go help him!" she said, hoisting her bag over her shoulder and pulling her friend up by the arm.
"Aw, Hange...nah~," she complained.
"C'mon!"

-----

"How many times?! Blue drapes on that wall, white drapes on that one and the sparkly ones are the centrepiece!" Rico huffed, clipboard in hand.
"Whoa! Back up with the vase!" she yelled, nearly slipping on the waxed floor.

Hange and Nanaba walked in, eyes sparkling at all the work going on around them.
What was the budget for this thing? The main hall was everything but orderly at the moment. The chairs were stacked at the sides of the room, drapes were being put up, there were students checking the sound system, students taste-testing different sponges and they recognised the art club configuring blue and white lanterns.

They came across a stressed Erwin, who was massaging his own temples.

"Hey, Erwin!"
"Hi, Hange. Can you believe these guys? They messed up the fairy lights order! I specifically said the icy white fairy lights to match the theme and these guys go and order 80M OF WARM WHITE fairy lights. Under a no-returns policy," he rambled, flicking through a notepad.

Hange and Nanaba shared a glance.

"We'll just... work with it," Hange suggested, folding her arms in thought.

"Hey, what's all the noise?" Levi said, rolling up his sleeves and slinging a small towel over his shoulder.

'Okay, that was kinda...cute,' Hange thought, nibbling on her bottom lip.

He glanced up at her and slid her a quick wink, making her smirk. It went unnoticed by their two friends.
"Oh hey, Levi. What brings you here?" Nanaba asked.
"Erwin said he needed some help with preparing the dance. I just finished cleaning all those windows," he said pointing to the row of windows along the wall.
"Couldn't the caretakers have done that?"
"Whoever the caretakers are, they do a shit job. I saw mould gathering at the seams of those curtains and it's because the windows weren't clean," he said, almost popping a vein in frustration.
"Uh..okay."

"So Erwin, got anything for me to do?" Hange said, ditching her blazer and shoes.

"Yeah actually. Could you grab the fairy lights they put in storage and help the decorators put them over the centre drapes?"
"Sure," she said, trudging over to the storage cupboard behind the stage.

She cracked open the slim door, her eyes laying on one of the boxes.
Turning on her heel to leave, her heart jumped a bit when she saw Levi standing behind her.

"Calm down, it's only me. Need any help with that?" he said, motioning to one of the boxes on the floor.
"No, but you know what I do need help with?"
"What?"
"C'mere."

He raised an eyebrow, walking further into the room, Hange closing the door behind him.

"What is it four-eyes?"
She gave him a quick peck on his lips, then kissed him longingly for all of ten seconds, before pulling away and leaving him disappointed.

"Four-eyes that's not fair," he whined, lacing his fingers with hers.
"C'mon we have a job to do, shorty."
"Jeez, so impulsive," he muttered under his breath, folding his arms as he leaned against one of the shelves.
"Best laid plans are unplanned."
"That made no sense, shitty-glasses."
"It did to me," she said, escaping the room swiftly on her heel and bounding along the slim hallway.
"Tsk."

He smirked after she was out of sight and ran his hand through his hair.

-----

While everyone was readying the main hall for the dance, Erwin, Mike and Petra watched Hange and Levi teasing each other.

Nothing about that was new, but what was new and incredibly suspicious, was that they'd caught a glimpse of the dynamic duo holding hands at some stage.

They all shared a glance, unsure of what was going on.
"Hey, Captain Handsome!" Nanaba called.

Erwin's attention diverted away from the pair upon hearing his nickname. 

"What?"
"You owe me twenty bucks. And you too, Mike."
"Are they...?"
"Yup."
"Are you sure?"
"Yup. Twenty bucks and cleaning duty, losers," she said, emphasising "losers" and gulping her Fanta. 

*****
A/N: Omg sorry for not updating for a long time. Here it is tho. Hope y'all liked it.
Also that fanart... I mean it has nothing to do with this chapter but Erwin lmfao.