The rain poured down from the sky, the grey clouds moving in a pushed motion. The thunder rumbled through the air, blue lighting striking the ground every few seconds. She was shivering in the cold, a blanket wrapped around her thin body. She had grown back to being a stick. She didn't feel like moving even while being soaked. Her hair was kept out of her face -tied in two french braids that reached her shoulders. And she sat on the couch in the rain. The couch he transfigured for her a month ago. The rain flew down from the sky heavily, but she enjoyed it.

She enjoyed the rain more than the sun, or the fall leaves, or anything else. It was quiet. The only sound was the tapping of rain against the windows of the manor. It was dark and gloomy but comforting. It made her feel like the only person in the world. The rain allowed her to be alone, leaving her to sit in the open with her thoughts. Which she tried to turn off as she stared into the distance, eyes locked on nothing in particular. She was going to get hypothermia if she didn't move soon.

It didn't matter. No one cared enough to come and visit her anyways.

Her chest filled up in pain. Esme didn't care if people thought she was good enough because at this point she knew she wasn't even good enough for herself.

The darkness held meaning like it was the answer to all her questions. The moment every slant of light begin to fade from her life, darkness accepted her, taking her in and providing her with a home. The darkness was the thunder, the rain, and lighting. It was the only thing that actually understood her. Allowing her to just be her, in her state of solitude. The darkness left her the way she wanted to, not tampering with her feelings or making her feel things she did not wish to. It simply was there, a mere existence in the open while the whole world revolved without notice.

Just like her. She was a mere existence in a world that didn't understand her. 

A world that didn't care for her.

And then there was the quiet, which she loved, the quiet of nature.

Waiting for Mr.Malfoy was like searching for something that could never be found. Something that was meant to remain untouched, and if it did, it would blow up in her hands like a bomb. She hated herself for thinking of him like that. It was wrong, But she couldn't stop. It was just happening. 

"Ms.Smith what are you doing?" a voice rang from behind her. She was lost in her thoughts, barely noticing it. It seemed like a quiet whisper against the loud rain. She began thinking she was going mad. Now that she was hearing his voice in her head.

"Ms.Smith?" it got louder as the person approached her body.

She snapped out of her state as he came into view.

Her chest filled up in pain, a huge lump in her throat. She didn't want to look at him. She didn't want to see his devilish features. And his grey eyes she always seemed to get lost in. She didn't want to see the beautiful smirk that took up his lips each time he looked at her. She hated herself for it because he was supposed to mean nothing to her. But he did. And it hurt, knowing he viewed her as a little girl. Nothing more than something to do with his son.

So she remained silent, eyes still locked in the distance. "You should go back inside, you'll get cold."

His voice stroke an unwanted emotion. Care. Esme was starting to forget what that felt like.

She didn't want to be rude, even after he left for a month. She shook her head slowly, ignoring the way he was staring at her from the corner of her eyes. 

Even if the strongest forces were pushing her not to look, she still couldn't help it, turning her head to steal a glance at him. His hair was becoming wet, parted messily on his forehead, some strands falling in his eyes.