Chapter 1

"uno...due...tre...quattro...I declare a thumb war...bow...kiss"  Carina got up suddenly, it was just her alarm, she switched it off and fell back into her bed. That dream...it was so...vivid and if it was someone else, they wouldn't question it, but she did. She did because that was a memory from her childhood, the childhood she had longed to forget. It wasn't as if her childhood was miserable, there were some amazing memories, but the weight of the bad ones was enough for her to want to forget. Whilst Carina was deep in her thoughts her alarm went off yet again. She groaned and got out of bed turning the alarm off and checking her phone for any texts or pages from the hospital. Fortunately she didn't, which meant she was in no rush to go to work. 

So for the first time she could remember she actually ate breakfast. She loved her job, she literally brought babies into this world but sometimes she just wanted to not go to work and stay at home. 

"Ugh" she thought to herself as she got out of bed, she decided to go for something a bit more business casual today, wearing jeans which were almost black, a white top and blazer, with a light brown-beige belt, topping it all of with a handbag. 

Outfit Inspiration

She grabbed her keys and left, Maya had already gone to work since her shift at the station started a few hours earlier than Carina's so today she was driving alone

She grabbed her keys and left, Maya had already gone to work since her shift at the station started a few hours earlier than Carina's so today she was driving alone. At least she would see her brother at the hospital, they hadn't talked much since Andrea got help. A part of him was mad at his sister for being able to see the truth, and even if he wasn't mad at her, Carina wasn't ready to forgive him, after all, he had hurt her in ways even her father hadn't managed to. It's not that she hated him, she couldn't possibly hate him, he's her brother, in fact she loved him, but he had still hurt her and she wasn't ready to forgive him yet. 

As she parked her car, a car similar to her brothers parked neighbouring hers, she really didn't want to see him this early in the shift, she was thinking more like at lunch or at the end of the shift. She got out of her car while forcing a smile and attempting to be pleasant;

"Ciao"

"Carina"

As they walked to the gates of the hospital in complete and utter silence, Carina couldn't take it anymore, the awkwardness, the tension, she had enough. By the time both the Deluca siblings had entered the lounge, Dr Hayes and Dr Bailey were already there, Dr Hayes was pouring himself a coffee, whilst Dr Bailey was working on some paperwork, apparently she needed a change of scenery, her office had gotten mundane. Carina had just about enough when Andrew walked by her without even insulting her. She missed her baby brother, and unfortunately she had inherited her father's stubbornness and refused to talk to him first. But how much longer did she have to act like the fact her brother, her favourite person on the planet hating her didn't affect her?

She couldn't, three months was enough;

(I'm sorry if this isn't right, I'm getting it off Google Translate)

"Andrea!"

"che cosa?"  (what?)  he had replied, rolling his eyes.

"perchè sei pazzo di me" (why are you mad at me?)

"non ho mai detto di esserlo" (never said I was)

"Andrea!"

"I don't have time for this, I have patients, and frankly so do you", Andrew replied whilst storming out.

Carina was in disbelief, sure her and her brother didn't always get along, but he had just dismissed her and her question like it was nothing, like having a relationship with her meant nothing. 

Dr Hayes and Dr Bailey were standing there, very uncomfortable after witnessing the Deluca siblings encounter. Dr Bailey understood where Andrew was coming from, of course she did. She partly knew how he felt but Carina was there every step of the way, she was there when no one else was, even when he hurt her in ways unimaginable to anyone other than Carina herself. The way he had spoken to her, the way he snapped at her like that, caused her to sympathise Carina. Bailey had understood what it was like to be Andrew but never did she stop to think how hard it must of been for his sister to watch her baby brother go through the same thing she watched her father go through. How traumatizing that must of been. 

Notes <3

I hope you guys like this, I'm sorry it's quite short, this was basically an introductory chapter, to set the tone and environment for what this fan fiction is based off of. I decided to write this since I love the relationship between the Deluca siblings but they aren't many fan fictions about it or in the show, nor is there much about Carina.