Chapter 1: Summer, Rain, and Bread

(Still in the process of rewriting)

3rd POV...

It was during the mid-summer, two days till the end of July. Just not far, up in the small mountain, a family is packing up stuff to be put in the van. 

The van was rested at the bottom of the mountain, for the road are too slippery to be settled on. There has been a great thunderstorm for the past few days, resulting in slippery routes and collapsing soils. 

"Is this why we are moving?" The youngest of all, with his curious dark-ruby, round eyes looking at his dear mother, asked, "are we going to be back?" 

The mother smiled at her child's question, but a hint of sadness was seen in her eyes. 

"My dear Rokuta, we will be staying at where we are moved to." The mother replied with gentleness, "don't worry, we will come to visit every summer."

The Mother, Kamado Kie, stroked the little boy's hair as he climb into the van. But not before he took another glance at the slippery route where they have walked every day and their simplistic wooden house that was filled with coziness. 

"Mom says we're coming back to visit next summer, there's no need to cry." 

"B-but, I like it here-" Rokuta cut off his sentence with a quick sniff, warm tears were flowing out of his eyes as he took another bite of his rice ball. 

The third of the oldest child, Kamado Taeko, looked at his brother with an unbelievable look. One of his worst skills is to stop a kid from crying, especially a 5-year-old. He want to get away, but knowing that he'll get in trouble for leaving his little brother crying, he stood with awkward small movement. 

"Oh dear," the mother spoke, noticing the crying child. 

With this perfect chance, Takeo sneaked away while the mom takes in the position of comforting the crying kid. 

"Look, look! Nii-chan!" A girl shouted while running up to a boy holding two boxes. 

"Be careful Hanako, the floors are wet!"The brother warned, "As-"

"Yeah, yeah, we all know you are the oldest child, Nii-chan." Hanako cut her brother's word off, "but look! Me and Nee-san are matching!"

The girl performs a small twirl to show off her peach color dress with white flowers. Another girl walked out soon after Hanako's spin, she is shown wearing a white dress with yellow flowers, matching the younger girl. 

"Nezuko, do you need help?" The oldest brother asked. 

"I'm fine Ni-chan, father called for you by the way," Nezuko informed. 

The boy nodded as he noted the info, he went downhill with the two girls and set down his boxes. He went back up to meet up with his father. 

The song of the crickets has gone well with the rustle of leaves. A fresh summer breeze blows through the boy's face, helping to wipe off his sweat. 

"Father, what do you need me for?" The son asked. 

A man is seen sitting at the front door balcony, his gaze going towards his son as soon as he hears the voice. 

"Tanjiro," he started, "how do you like this place?" 

Tanjiro is confused by this sudden question, but he is quick to answer "I like it very well."

"I do too." The father replied, he lifted his arm and patted the son's head with gentleness. 

"The plan is sudden, but I believe this is the better way," the father spoke again, "I hope you understand, Tanjiro." 

"Of course father, I understand," Tanjiro replied with comfort, "we got so many mouths to feed, I think you make the right choice too, father!" 

The father smiled for seeing how much his son has grown, "very well, now help me with the rest of the luggage, will you?"

"I will!" 

.

.

.

"Last glance, then we will be on our way." The father announced.

The family stood in front of the small mountain, the mountain where they have grow up, played, and lived. 

"Let's get going now, we would need some time to set up the bakery too," Mother informed as she settles the kids inside the van. 

Taking one more glance, breathing in the summer breeze, it is time to say goodbye. 

Rewriting take some time, but I think it's worth it 💪