A Chicago Love Story (Part 38)

Start from the beginning

A few hours later, my shift was finished and I was ready to leave. I tried calling Momma to see if she was picking me up but she just told me that she was at work and Daddy was supposed to come get me. I called him too and he never answered. I started to get irritated and called Mani. She told me that both of my parents were gone. I walked out and looked for my dad's car but I didn't see it anywhere. I didn't want to call Von since it was his day off so I just walked back in the mall and waited. Kim came over to me and said "Girl you was posed to been gone." Me: "I know but my parents ain't picking up and ion know where they at." Kim: "Oh fr? Bet. Q can take you home." Me: "Nah he ain't gotta-" Kim: "Q!! QUINCYYY!" Q came out the back room and said "Gurl if youn stop usin my government. Da hell you want?" Kim: "Can you take Lai home?" Me: "I'll be fine waiting..." Q: "Uh no. I'm takin you home." Me: "You ain't got to... I'll just call my mom and-" Q: "Bitch getcho shit and come on! I'm not letting you sit here any longer." Kim: "Mhm you know Teresa gon be askin you to work overtime too." I thought about it then I said "Fine.." We walked out the mall and he took me to his car. We got in and he said "So where you live at?" I gave him the directions then he took me back home. When we pulled up, I pulled $20 out my purse for gas money and he said "Girl keep dat." Me: "Uhnt uhn." Q: "Keep it." Me: "Why? You drove me all the way back home." Q: "Cus you needa keep dat money for something more important" I gave him a hug then got out the car. I stood on the porch then waved at him until he pulled off. I unlocked the door, walked in the house and kicked my shoes off. I took my hair out of the ponytail then massaged my scalp a little bit. I grabbed a bag of chips then walked upstairs in my room. Mani came in a few minutes later and handed me 3 coloring books, a box of crayons, colored pencils and some markers. Mani: "Here. You need to color a few of em." Me: "I'm not gon do it rn. I just want to lay down." I looked at one of the coloring books and it was a Sesame Street one. Me: "Girl what da fuck 😂" Mani: "Bruhhh I grabbed the wrong fuckin one. Dis old bitch behind me was rushing me and I just picked up a random one. At least yo baby will have something to color in." Me: "Bitch dis baby is not finna pop out and start coloring 🤣" Mani: "When you plan on telling Von?" Me: "Ion know... probably tonight?" Mani: "Aww fr?" Me: "I guess.." Mani: "What if he ask for a test?? We ain't got nun." Me: "Damn... Ion know.." Mani: "Imma go get another one." Me: "Why?" Mani: "Proof bitch. Duh." Me: "Here take dis." I handed her some money to buy it and she said "Imma be back inna lil bit." She walked out then I got up and let Bug out. He jumped on my bed and started running around from the top to the bottom. He picked up one of my stuffed animals and tried using it as a chew toy so I put him back on the floor. I texted Von and asked him to come over later on tonight because I needed to talk to him. Mani came back 30 minutes later with a test then she said "Let's hope it works." Me: "It should.." I got up and went to the bathroom then took the test. We waited 5 minutes to make sure it was right then I picked it up. It said "Pregnant" so I put the cap on it and took it in my room. Mani: "What time he comin?" Me: "Ion know I just told him to come whenever." Mani: "Ughhh why ain't you tell him now?" Me: "Hush. He prolly gon be over here quick asf since I said we needed to talk." Mani: "I'm starting to get nervous for you.." Me: "I been nervous all day." I heard the front door open and we looked down the steps to see who it was. I seen Momma walk in then she hollered my name. I went downstairs and said "Yes?" Mom: "Where's yo daddy?" Me: "Ion know." Mom: "Da hell you mean youn know?" Me: "He never came to get me. A co-worker dropped me off." Mom: "I ask dat man to do one thing... I'm not gon be here for long, I just need to grab a cuppa things. I need for you to clean up dis kitchen a lil bit, wash them dishes, wipe da counters down and sweep up some." Me: "Momma I just got home can I do allat tomorrow?" Mom: "Uhnt uhn cus it ain't gon get done. Ight look, put the dishes in the dishwasher and wipe the counter off then I'll get Mani to sweep." Me: "Okay." She went in her room and I sat at the table. She came back down and said "Have you been gaining weight?" Me: "Huh?" Mom: "Ya legs look a lil bigger. You need to stop eating all them damn chips, it ain't healthy." Me: "Okay I will..." Mom: "Imma be back at around 8 or 9pm. Wheneva yo father gets home tell him I said to call me." Me: "Ight." She gave me a kiss on the cheek then walked out. I walked back upstairs and sat on my bed. Bug had curled up at the end of it and went to sleep.