077; a bad boyfriend

Start from the beginning

"you look like you're going to cry," mollie noticed, a frown growing on her face while her boyfriend then looked away from her, "baby."

receiving no reply from him, corbyn quickly climbed in between her legs and rested his head on her chest, wiping his eyes as he tried to blink back the rest of his tears.

a look of concern appeared on the girl's face, running her hand through his hair before he lifted his head up slightly, grabbing the arm the girl had free before he glanced at her wrist, noticing the slightly fresh cuts as he looked up at her.

"you didn't tell me about those..?" corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, a few tears falling down his face as mollie wiped them away with her thumb.

"can we talk about why you're crying?" she asked, "i want to know why you're upset."

"i'm a bad boyfriend," he shrugged, causing a few more tears to build up in his eyes, "and i mess up a lot and i don't help you or make you happy, i'm just shit at relationships."

"you're not a bad boyfriend."

"you just have to say that because you're dating me," he told her.

"and why am i dating you? because you're a good boyfriend," mollie reassured him, "if you didn't make me happy i wouldn't be with you, you're not shit at it."

"but i just, i'm just shit at comforting you and i always take things too far with what i say and some of the things i say are just so wrong of me," he explained, "and i hate that i can't just make all of your struggles and stuff go away, i just want to help you and i feel like i can't do that."

"you are helping me," mollie replied, "you help me eat and you help me make sure i'm taking care of myself when i feel like i can't, you keep me going."

"no i don't, nic does that." he sighed, "i don't help with anything i just add on to what nicole does, i just provide whatever i actually provide."

"okay, nic does help from time to time but it's mostly just you," she told him, watching the tears continue to fall down his face, "okay so maybe you can't take away any struggles or issues but you help me deal with them."

"i just want you to be happy." corbyn frowned, "and i want you to care about being alive and see the good part of it, that's all i want."

mollie nodded, her hand gently caressing his cheek before his head fell back to her chest, leaving the couple in a small state of silence while the girl tried to process everything he had just vented about.

"i hate that i can't get inside your head and know why you think what you think," corbyn mumbled, "i just want you to see yourself how i see you."

"are you anxious that i'm going to lose myself?" mollie asked him as he slowly nodded, "you think that your help is never going to work?"

"i just want everything i do to be enough," corbyn replied, "and i want my help to help you, i don't want you to feel like you have no purpose or that there's only one option left, i don't know."

"i love you," the girl told him, "i love you a lot."

"molls that didn't reassure me that you don't feel like what i just said," corbyn said.

"i can't reassure that," she shrugged, "sometimes i get to that point, but i always try my hardest to not let that happen."

"i can't lose you," corbyn looked back up at her before he grabbed her face with one of his hands, "i need you more than you think i do, i don't show it but i cannot lose you."

"you won't."

"i'm not going to make you promise it because i know that won't help and it's not always something you can promise," the boy explained, "but you need to know that you mean the world to me and i love you so much, okay?"

"mhm." mollie slowly nodded.

"you're so beautiful." corbyn muttered under his breath, placing a quick kiss on the girls lips before he wiped his eyes once more, placing his head back on her chest.

shaking her head slightly, mollie pulled one of her blankets over the two of them before the boy placed a few more soft kisses onto the girls wrist, mumbling short sentences to himself while he did so before he eventually came to a stop as he closed his eyes.

"are you gonna take a nap?" mollie asked him as he nodded, "okay, i love you."

"i love you more."

a/n

my babies 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

also yes i hit u with a double update