"You're right, Hyung. Wondering won't fix anything." Wouldn't somehow mend what had been broken. "But I think I know what will."

...

He felt it.

Later, when he would look back at that moment, he would never be able to figure out what had caused the shift. Only one second he had been going through the motions and the next it felt like the words were actually coming directly from his soul.

Maybe it had been the change in song. Going from 'Fake Love' to 'Love Maze' that had caused the shift. Maybe it had just been his time. It was impossible to tell the reasons why. Only that it had happened at all.

Because suddenly it felt like magic again. Like these words actually meant something. Like what they were doing actually meant something.

He wondered if it had been by design. If Kim Namjoon was really some kind of wizard who had found some ancient spell to make it all be okay again. Or perhaps it had just been fate intervening, unwilling to let all of it's hard work in forcing their seven paths to cross go to waste.

He didn't know.

Then again, none of the other's did either.

Only that one day they were all seconds away from saying goodbye.

And the next they discussing their five year plan. Just like that.

Like none of it had ever happened at all.

...

"I need you to know you're trending on twitter." It was always Jimin that found these things. That brought them to his attention. They were currently at some photoshoot, having their make up done for the next round when the other decided to speak up.

"What for now?" Most of the time it was because he had been spotted doing something completely ordinary. Opening a car door or simply being the third guy from the left. In fact, his name often wasn't even attached to whatever had caused him to go viral.

"That little stunt you pulled on stage last night." Hoseok spoke as he walked in, looking like he had just stepped off a run way instead of coming back from the bathroom.

"I don't follow." Had he even done anything out of the ordinary the night before? Sure he had pointed out one particular ARMY and blown them one of his famous kisses, but that wasn't really all that special, was it?

"Oh, it's nothing really." Jimin spoke again, leaning back so the hair dresser could fluff his hair. "Just that part where you decided to hold hands with Jungkook and sing your part in 'Love Maze' to him."

"You two are way obvious, Hyung." Taehyung came practically out of nowhere, reaching around his shoulder to snatch a piece of sushi he had been eating.

"Everyone is loving it though." Hoseok was currently scrolling through his phone, thumb playing across the screen before turning it around. "Jinkook is real. Their ship is sailing."

"It was my ship first." Jimin interupted, before tossing an unopened bag of seaweed chips into the other's lap.

"Oh I am so screwed." He could hear the yelling now. About how he was meant to be the responsible one. About how he had taken it too far.

"Pretty sure Kook already beat you too it." He hadn't actually bothered to look at the screen. But he did now. Actually leaned forward just to get a better look. Blinked hard and rapidly, like it would somehow change what was staring him right in the face.

A tweet. One that he definitely hadn't made, despite the fact that it had their twin emojis.

'Even if we run endlessly down this road the cries of these many lies could separate us. It's true, baby.