3

Evelyn ran outside with tear-stained cheeks. She was at the side of the school where the stoners hang out and everyone gets high. Little did everyone know, she had a fork in each hand that she stole from the cafeteria.

"Hey Evelyn brooo you wanna hit this joint?" Braden stuttered while he was zooted. She didn't say anything.

"Ya dude come onnn" Kaden said standing next to him. Evelyn, still silent, gripped tightly on the forks in her hands and stood between them.

"Yeahhh" She lifted up her arms and scraped their eyes with rage. Once each of their eyeballs were only stubs, she took her forks and shoved them in their ears aggressively. They were instantly killed. She smiled and walked to class.

-

"Hey do you know why Conner won't talk to me?" Evelyn asked Donovan at their lunch table. He started getting nervous just at the mention of his name.

"Uh...nope." he replied quickly.

"He's still avoiding you?" Ainsley asked Evelyn sadly.

"Yep. And I have no idea why." she answered pathetically.

"Hey cheer up! You two will go to the dance tomorrow and you'll have the best night of your life." she smiled. Evelyn just looked at her for a moment. She thought she was over her, but she couldn't stop thinking about her all the time.

"Yeah. Thanks Ainsley. I'm sure everything will be okay." But it wasn't.

-

~~Donovan pov

After football practice everyone started leaving the locker room. Soon it was just me and Conner in there. I spotted him packing up his stuff.

"Conner! What are you doing?" I asked and smacked his head.

"Packing my stuff!?"

"No you idiot. Why have you been avoiding Evelyn? She's getting sad and she could be on to us."

"It's awkward being with her when I don't really like her. What should I say to her tomorrow?"

"No. You need to set up a big Valentine's day surprise for her. Say that's why you've been distant, you've been keeping it a secret. You can't ruin the plan now."

"I know I'm sorry." He leaned in and kissed you and said goodbye.

~~