╰➢ hufflepuff vs. gryffindor

Start from the beginning

"Who's the Hufflepuff team captain?" Nicole asked dreamily, taking a seat beside Harry. She could see Ron visibly choke on his pumpkin juice, while Hermoine shot her a big smile.

"Cedric Diggory. He's the prefect of the Hufflepuff house too!" she beamed. "He's handsome, right?"

Nicole watched as Cedric told something to the small group of Ravenclaws beside him. The boy had somehow noticed it, giving her a wave which she instantly returned.

"Very." Nicole giggled, swinging her feet over so she could seat. The girl had already eaten breakfast before her friends and just came to wait for them to finish their food.

Harry rolled his eyes while Ron was letting out a sarcastic laugh.

"He doesn't seem that good looking to me." Ron mumbled out as he chomped on his cereal. Hearing this, Nicole laughed loudly then propped her elbow on the table and held it with her chin. "Ron, stop lying to yourself. He's gorgeous."

"He is good looking." Harry admitted, moving his empty plate over to the side so he could converse more easily. "But he isn't gorgeous. He's just.. good looking."

"Okay, Harry."

Hermoine laughed, but her eyes had suddenly trailed behind Nicole. The girl thought that there had must have been something in her hair or maybe that she had noticed the stolen hairtie, but the bushy haired girl pointed to the space behind her.

Nicole turned around in her chair and spotted her sister with a smile. She had suddenly choked into thin air, not knowing how to react. One side of her body was telling her— urging her to run away but she couldn't do anything but freeze on the spot.

"What do you want?"

Nicole mentally smacked herself.

"I just wanted to say.. goodluck. The weather outside is really bad so I just thought that—"

"I'm going to do fine, Aurora." Nicole smiled. "Remember when grandma taught me to fly in bad weather? I'm good. Thanks." she said curtly.

Aurora gave her a nervous glance, her eyes flickering over to her friends who looked at the two with interest. "I—, uh.." she stumbled out, not really wanting to tell her what she was going to say infront of some strangers. "Can we meet tomorrow? I need to tell you something and you've been avoiding me."

Nicole contemplated for a moment. "Yeah, sure."

"See you." Aurora mumbled, walking away.

"Your grandma taught you how to fly in bad weather?"

Nicole turned around and faced Ron who had a confused look on her face.

"My grandma used to play for the japanese team, Toyohasi Tengu." Nicole explained. "They practiced in terrible stormy conditions. They also were thought to dodge both bludgers and planes from the muggle airbase in the neighboring island. Grandma said that I should've learned that too."

"And your sister?"

"I could ride a broom since I was six."Nicole giggled, looking behind her to see Aurora on the Slytherin table with Theodore Nott. She was reading a book while the boy was trying to distract her. "Aurora can't even mount a broom properly till now."

"Anyways, let's to back to the topic. Cedric Diggory. I wish that I get appointed next year so I get to shake his hand before matches and—"

"Well, bud." Ron deadpanned. "Looks like Diggory is interested in the other Hwang."

Nicole scrunched her eyes. It took her a second to realize what he was taking about, before she quickly turned around once again to see Cedric now making his way over the Slytherin table. The younger twin watched in confusion as he cracked a joke (maybe, Nott started to laugh) but Aurora didn't do anything, not even cracking a smile.