chapter two

sooo i hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! thank you all so much for reading it and give me some feedback and suggestions if you want them! i'll try my best to add them into the plot i already have in mind. haha at the moment there are no views but let's see how much that changes! i'm really thankful for everyone who reads this and i hope you like my story and my writing so far! announcements won't usually be this long haha sorry about that. anyways...

Y/n's POV:
I guess I was right. We were all best friends after that. It's been about a year or two since I met Armin, Mikasa, and Eren, and yet, nothing has changed about them, or me in that matter. I'm still blind as a bat, and they don't know. I don't want them feeling bad about it or anything, but it's kind of hard keeping it up. Especially when they ask me to read something. I usually make up some excuse.

Today was different. From the moment I woke up, I smelled something weird. I had a dreaded feeling about today. I went downstairs and ate some stale bread, then left, after hugging my parents goodbye.
"A goodbye hug?? What has gotten into you!" My mom said and I simply smiled at her. My dad was just as shocked.
"Well, isn't this an interesting surprise." he said, chuckling a bit.
I went outside to meet the three others.

"Hey Y/n!" I heard Armin yell after spotting me. I, of course, using my keen senses had already known they were there. I waved in their direction and ran to them.
"Are you okay?" Mikasa asked, after a while of the four of us talking. I thought about lying, then decided not to. I was already hiding something huge from them. I shook my head.
"What's wrong?" Eren asked.

"I-" I started, then paused. How was I supposed to explain this? What should I say? Something smelled different? No. That's to weird. Something... more normal. I've had this feeling before. Feeling and smell that something bad was gonna happen. And the results did NOT end up good. I took a deep breath and began to explain.
"I just have a really bad feeling about today. Like REALLY bad. Trust me on this. Last time I had this sort of feeling I-" I froze. I had said too much. Now I was going to have to explain myself....

No one, save my now parents, know about this. No one even knew that I was abused or that I've been in three families, or that I'm blind. My now parents seem to accept that even though I'm blind, I can take care of myself perfectly fine, so they don't worry much. But, naturally, they sort of freak out if I crash into the tiniest thing. I don't really like it when that happens, but it makes me feel loved. It makes me feel needed. It makes me feel like I'm actually wanted in the world.

"What happened?" Armin softly asked. I looked down and tears threatened to fill my eyes. No. I wouldn't cry. Not now.
"Y/n?" Mikasa said. they were worried about me. Might as well tell them. They are my best friends anyways.

"I... lost my parents." I finished, squeezing my eyes shut as the events replayed in my head. "I woke up with this horrible feeling, and stayed in my room the whole time. Then, next thing I know, I hear yelling from downstairs and I peek in. There were these three men that I didn't know and they had guns (a/n she smelled the metal and gunpowder, that's how she knew). Then, my parents said that they could take anything they wanted. The men searched the house and found nothing of use, since we barely had enough money to keep the house. They got mad and- shot them." my voice trembled and dropped down to an almost whisper. "I hid in my closet the entire time. They almost found me, but... I guess I got lucky. I wouldn't call it luck though."

The tears came out. For all of the time I had never spoken to anyone about that, I had finally told someone. It says a lot about these new people and how much I trust them. They're like my family.
"Oh, Y/n..." I heard Armin say. He hugged me as I quietly cried into his shoulder. I felt a little bit more weight added and it was a group hug. I might have lost my parents, but I won't lose them. I won't.