| Chapter 2

══════════════════

Days went by and (Y/n) and Hawks spent the time getting to know each other better

Days went by and (Y/n) and Hawks spent the time getting to know each other better. Of course they didn't get to spend time together all the time as they both had check-ups and physical therapy. However whatever chance they get rest assured they would be up to something.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"♪I'll believe it all♪
♪there's nothing I won't understand♪"

(Y/n) was humming the same song she always did but this time it was a different verse. It always confused Hawks as to why she sang the same song over and over. Maybe she just likes that song. That does seem like a reasonable explanation. (Y/n) is mostly a mystery to Hawks, not that he minds it. "Do you know when they're gonna serve chicken in this place. I'm dying to get my hands on some chicken nuggies."

"I think they'll serve 'em tomorrow but aren't you a bird too."

"yeah. and?"

"Isn't that cannibalism?!"

"Hawks eat birds you know. We're predators! I'm a hunter." Hawks tried to flap his wings around but remembered that they've not grown back yet. Knowing his signature wings are still gone puts him in a bit of a mood. Hawks loves his wings and it made him sad knowing they're currently gone. "God I miss flying." (Y/n) look at him with pity. She hadn't known flying was such a release for him. She could fly but she'd never feel free. To her the hospital was her cage, the cage she grew up in. It's safe, it's home. However to Hawks it was like he was shot down. "Let's go fly."

Hawks stares at her like she was on drugs but then burst out laughing. "I wish but I don't have wings." (Y/n) mentally prepared for what she was going to say next not believing what she was going to say to him. "Then we can use mine." Hawks stared at her confused. "You don't have wings. Do you?"

"It's nicer at sunset. I gotta go for my check up but let's meet at the roof at sundown, okay?" (Y/n) gets up and starts to walk out of the room. Hawks jumps of his bed and grabs her hand, stopping her. At that moment Hawks looked (Y/n) in the eyes fearfully but she returned that look with a warm smile, a reassuring smile telling Hawks that it'll all be okay without uttering a word. It almost scared him that she had such control over him. She slide her hand out of his grasps, her warmth still lingering. He wanted nothing more to grab her hand once more but she was just out of his reach.