It was me

The 74th hunger games. The year where Primrose Everdeen's name was in the reaping bowl for the first time. She was terrified. Her breathing accelerated making it harder to allow oxygen to her lungs. Prim stood beside her sister Katniss, looking around at all the anxious faces of the kids. It was like a herd of cattle being round up for  slaughter. Prim was disgusted. How could they send kids into an arena to kill each other just for the entertainment of the capitol people, it was sick.

But that was the problem, Wasn't it. By sending children into these games it showed that the adults had no control over their lives. It showed just how powerless they were against the capitol.

The two sisters rounded the corner where they would have to prick their index finger for attendance. Prim cautiously looked down at the peacekeepers extended arm, waiting rather impatiently for prim to place her hand in the peacekeepers.

After a rather painful prick she was ushered to the group of trembling 12 year olds. Taking a seat next to a girl she looked around hoping to lay eyes upon her big sister. After an exchange of mouthed nothingness and a firm nod from the older sister, Effie Trinket walked onto the stage. By this time prim had almost fully tuned out, until district 12's escort spoke with her high chirpy voice. "...as usual, ladies first".Prim began to stiffen up, her breathing becoming jagged. As Effie began to walk across the stage to the large bowl containing all the girls names.

She absent mindedly reached for the mockingjay pin Katniss had gifted to her before leaving the house. She had told prim that it would protect her and that as long as she had it, no one could hurt her. Taking comfort in her words, The youngest Everdeen took a shaky breath as Effie neared the bowl.

Effie reached her hand into the bowl. Twirling it around, making the suspense nearly unbearable before she plucked her manicured hand into the bowl and drew out a name. Everyone took a breath in, refusing to let it out until they were sure their name hadn't been drawn.

She walked back to the microphone, clearing her throat before continuing. "PRIMROSE EVERDEEN"