Alone in love ~Roz & Harvey

Rosalind sits beside Harvey's bed staring at the floor

"Harvey.." she begins. "You need to speak to me."

Harvey stands leaning against the door to his room, his head bent low. He rubs his forehead, and looks up. He glares at her silently.

Rosalind observes the pain still lingering in his eyes. She has seen it for three weeks now. It only grows with time.

Harvey hasn't uttered more than three words to her. He had mostly kept to himself.

Roz understood his pain. But, only a part of it. She knew they didn't share the same grief. She didn't need her cunning to see it. Everyone could see it.

She had hoped that things would somehow get better between them.

She tried being there for him, but they mostly just sat awkwardly in silence.

Rosalind had waited patiently. She was afraid of making his difficult time worse. She wondered if she was being inconsiderate.

But she knew it was time to speak to him.

"Harvey, please say something. I just want to help you" said Rosalind.

Harvey shifted his gaze towards the floor, and back to her eyes "I'm.. I'm sorry Roz" he stuttered. "- I think I need to spend this time alone"

"I understand, but for how long Harvey? I've been waiting, but it doesn't seem to get better. I'm afraid there's a growing distance between us"

"I don't know Roz, I can't tell you for how long"

"I could wait for you" said Roz with tears in her eyes.

"I don't think you should" replied Harvey.

Rosalind nodded with tears running over her cheeks, she grabbed her coat.

Harvey stood away from the door, allowing her to pass. "I'm sorry Roz" he whispered again.

He sunk into his bed, feeling a sense of relief, a weight lifted. He hated that he felt that way.

But now he was free to feel everything.

Harvey wept for the first time since Sabrina's death. "Brina" he whispered into nothingness.