The Murders Begin

Today’s the day. Leo thought to himself. The day we go out and start the murders.

It was surpassingly melancholy. Over the week that he’d been there, Leo had found that he actually enjoyed Hannah and Michael’s company. Although, Michael was still a little bit weird at times, but that’s life. To be honest, he regretted avoiding friends and relationships now. If he was going to die, he’d never know what a true friendship felt like. The last week… that was all he’d ever really had.

Leo sighed as he slipped on his uniform. He could die today. But he definitely wasn’t planning on it. Last as long as you can, right? He examined his cold, bland room on last time before slipping out the door and closing it behind him.

He scanned the crowd, until he spotted Michael and Hannah, laughing about something together. Leo slid up to them, and whispered in Michael’s ear. “Hi.”

He whirled around. “Dude, not cool!”

Leo shrugged, grinning.

Michael shook his head at him, and turned to Hannah. “Don’t you think that was rude?”

“Nope!” Hannah laughed.

Michael ruffled up her hair, as an affectionate brother might, but abruptly stopped when guards arrived, lining the hallway.

“Move!” One of them shouted, and the crowd surged forward.

Michael and Leo each grabbed on to one of Hannah’s hands to help her through the crowd, and to avoid being separated.

There were cameras near the planes, of course. Michael, still convinced that gaining popularity was the best thing, waved and blew kisses as he was escorted into the plane.

“Michael! Here!” Leo called, patting an empty seat in-between him and Hannah.

“Thanks.” Michael said as he claimed it.

“Think you were overdoing it back there, with those cameras?” Leo asked.

“No, I-“

“Yeah, yeah, you think it’s our best option and such. It was a rhetorical question. You totally overdid it back there!”

“Jeez, no need to be so fancy with your words. And I’m going to do what I think will get me out of this arena alive.” Michael snapped.

“…Okay Michael, I’ll back off.” Leo whispered.

The rest of the trip to the arena was done in silence.

When they got there, the doors opened very slowly, revealing a forest, with… what?! Leo couldn’t believe his eyes. His school was sitting in the middle of the forest, just sitting there, so out of place…